The Insane British law

calNgary

I was just reading this article about a stolen caravan and cannot for the life of me understand why this van has not been giving back to its rightful owners when 'without a doubt' it is theirs??

Why can the police not take it off the people living in it if they know they are not the rightful owners? At the end of the day it is stolen property.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2385116/A-stolen-caravan-Travellers-human-rights-And-betrayal-makes-blood-boil.html

Cal x

What confuses me VS is i was under the belief if you were found with a stolen car, motorbike etc despite having a receipt to say you had bought it, it was taken off you and given back to the rightful owner. If this is correct why has that not been done? and why have the police said they cant do anything and take private action?

Cal x

Totally correct, but nothing new, its the DM,lol,,, i use it for noseying at celebs more than anything,,and someone told me their was an article in about hubbys home town, hence was reading it earlier when i came across this article... It doesnt interest me who has it, its why its not been returned that is baffling me as i thought by law it had to be (see post above yours)

Cal x

What confuses me VS is i was under the belief if you were found with a stolen car, motorbike etc despite having a receipt to say you had bought it, it was taken off you and given back to the rightful owner. If this is correct why has that not been done? and why have the police said they cant do anything and take private action?

Cal x

My guess is because of the various human rights legislation brought in under the last govvernement via Europe. I was a lawyer originally and this is probably the biggest area that drove me out of it.

Archived