DIAC just announced State Sponsors are closed for some occupations 5th August 2013

zeroman

On 05 August 2013, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) announced that state and territory governments are not able to nominate any intending migrants from the following occupations for a points tested visa:

· Chemical and Materials Engineers;

· ICT Business and Systems Analysts;

· Electronics Engineers:

· Telecommunications Engineering Professionals;

· Other Engineering Professional; and

· Software and Applications Programmers.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Some occupations are being flagged and watched too:

http://www.awpa.gov.au/our-work/labour-market-information/skilled-occupation-list/Pages/Flagged-Occupations.aspx

This is not final that they are gonna remove state sponsor for the above 6 occupations, maybe they are considering it and giving prioritize to people with higher than 60 points.

For people that occupations under flagged, better work hard to get your visa ASAP as government may change the rules anytime they feel they need it to

Regards,

Zeroman

And I have just received my positive skill assessment as a Chemical Engineer...

Your only option I guess is either (if you are currently stand on 55 points),

- pay professional year for 5 points extra (1 year course, twice a week at 6p.m. or on saturday course)

- or score IELTS 7.0 to get extra 10 points

- or get sponsor visa from your work place.

but better quick, since chemical engineering quota is very low this year

[TABLE=width: 2]

[TR]

[TD]2331[/TD]

[TD]Chemical and Materials Engineers[/TD]

[TD=align: right]360[/TD]

[TD=align: right]168[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

IF it reach the maximum points, no matter how many points you get they won't accept your application.

I am graduate from Bach. Electronic and Communication and get +ve skill assessment in Electronic Engineer on mid-2011

Then work as Control System Engineer , in contractor companies based on mining project.

Using the 1 1/2 year work experiences up to the present, which I just submit to IEEE a week ago.

I am trying to change my skill assessment to "Plant and Production Engineer" under Automation and Control Engineer

I am not sure if you are a Chemical Engineer can do this too, if you work at industrial area (not mining can be factory/plant area)

maybe you can apply under "Plant and Production Engineer" under Process Engineer

Wish you and myself all the best for the PR (my visa 485 TR gonna expired on 18 December 2013)

Cheers

Government website news:

https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/SNOL_data

Not only 190, but for 489 too:

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/25147/NSW-State-Occupation-List-06.08.2013.pdf

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visa-and-migration/state-migration-plan

Most the information is related to ACT ,NSW & SA, not sure the rest of the state are following this.

Government is trying to control the massive application they receive basically especially from 2611 and 2613 group.

Cheers

Is this applicable for people who is already in process of visa ? thx.

Did you apply it yourself or your agent? Check your mail box, if the process already go through and you have not receive your mail box it mean your visa is been processed and not put on hold based on this issues.

So my answer: it does not apply to the people whose visa is already in the process

Did you apply it yourself or your agent? Check your mail box, if the process already go through and you have not receive your mail box it mean your visa is been processed and not put on hold based on this issues.

So my answer: it does not apply to the people whose visa is already in the process

hi zeroman,

do you mean that those who already applied for state nomination, they wont be affected by this decision?

Also is state sending any emails for on hold status to the applicants? Do u know any information about this?

Telecommunications Engineering Professionals; new immigrants are not able to find anything (except very high qualified applicants) since last one year!!! why they are considering ceiling value 300!! They should stop immediately.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Zeroman,

I have got positive skill assessment as Chemical Engineer in May 2013. The SA and WA had closed to receive the application under this category by that time. I have 7 and above band in IELTS in all modules except sepeaking (6.5). That's why I am not able to apply for Skilled - Independent (Points 55 now). The decision of 5 August annoyed me. I need your guidance what to do now? I am considering the following two options:

SECOND ATTEMPT OF IELTS:

I'll be able to apply for Skilled - Independent if I get seven bands in each module but it depends upon the occupation ceilings in this category before 30 June 2014.

SKILLED ASSESSMENT AS PRODUCTION ENGINNER:

I am working in manufacturing plant. It is also possible to me to get skilled assessment as Production Engineer. What I have to do for it as you have been facing the same situation. Should I submit three different career episodes to EA other than that I submitted earlier as Chemical Enginner with the processing fee? This occupation is also in flagged list and may be drop from the list in future. It'll results to waste my money and time.

Kindly, guide me which is the viable option. If it is second than share your experience of re-assessment of skill as Production Engineer with do's and don'ts.

I look forward to your reply.

Dear Zeroman,

I have got positive skill assessment as Chemical Engineer in May 2013. The SA and WA had closed to receive the application under this category by that time. I have 7 and above band in IELTS in all modules except sepeaking (6.5). That's why I am not able to apply for Skilled - Independent (Points 55 now). The decision of 5 August annoyed me. I need your guidance what to do now? I am considering the following two options:

SECOND ATTEMPT OF IELTS:

I'll be able to apply for Skilled - Independent if I get seven bands in each module but it depends upon the occupation ceilings in this category before 30 June 2014.

SKILLED ASSESSMENT AS PRODUCTION ENGINNER:

I am working in PET manufacturing plant. It is also possible to me to get skilled assessment as Production Engineer. What I have to do for it as you have been facing the same situation. Should I submit three different career episodes to EA other than that I submitted earlier as Chemical Enginner with the processing fee? This occupation is also in flagged list and may be drop from the list in future. It'll results to waste my money and time.

Kindly, guide me which is the viable option. If it is second than share your experience of re-assessment of skill as Production Engineer with do's and don'ts.

I look forward to your reply.

Hi Kemkaltech, :cool:

I like to toss you some questions before that, you have 55 points and where all the points distributed to?

E.g. mine

Age - 30 points

Qualification - 15 points

Study - 5 points (Did you have Australia qualification?)

Work experiences - 5 points (What is your duration of work experiences inside and outside Australia you have?)

WA SS - 5 points

You are from Karachi (Pakistan), what Australia visa are you holding right now? visa 485, visitor visa, working visa, visa 457 or none at all and you are trying to go straight to visa 189/190/489?

Reason I ask you this:

E.g. if you have visa 485, you can get the last 5 points from professional year and you can apply under visa 189 without using any state sponsor

To be honest Kemkaltech, you shall do both, test IELTS and change your skill assessment. It is a pain and long process.

None of the category is safe at the moment, as you said The 'Plant and Production Engineer' is being flagged/watched by the DIAC at the moment, it may be removed if it is filled up quickly as they closed the Electronic and Chemical sponsored. All the people will rush to engineering Australia and do the same thing as you, change their skill assessment to this category. I have only hear 1 story a Chemical Engineer successfully did CDR and change to Plant and Production Engineer. As the rest they get -ve assessed. Most of the person successful because their job status is under : Automation and Control Engineer, or they are doing Instrumention and Control engineer qualification. Hopefully you are the 2nd person that able to did it :cute:

If you happened get Writing/Listening 6.5, you shall take a chance to appeal for the score, there are many story I heard that people get their result pushed to 7.0 :smile:

To change your skill assessment you have to do CDR again, it is a very long process since they will take a look at your resume, 3 careers episode, reference letter, so you better provide much information and make it as close as possible to the criteria "Plant and Production Engineer".

- Fill up the Professional Engineer Summary Statement (there is a sample on site, and guide how to fill in)

-3 Careers Episodes (Make sure you make it related to the Plant and Production Criteria, there is a guide how to fill in on site too, you have to write it as 1st person view and ask your senior/lead engineer to sign)

- Get your reference letter from all your jobs related (make sure you tell you employee to make it close to the plant and production criteria, or you make it for them and they just need to sign. That is what I did)

- Get offer letter and payslips send (if you think , is needed, but if they stated your job status as chemical engineer, don't send it)

- Your Degree/Master Qualification

- Resume (Make sure you make it related to the Plant and Production Criteria)

- Put all the related training certificate obtained through your job (I am sure you have safety induction before you enter a Plant, for me I have at least 5 certificate for this training e.g. first aid, lock induction, safety induction, etc..)

- I did attached my photo working on site (2 photos, wearing PPE Protection uniform on mining sites with my colleges)

http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/about-us/migration-skills-assessment

My opinion do both, or get some extra advises from MIRA for counselling (It is free, never pay them for counselling unless you have enough points and decided to use them and start lodge the EOI)

Dear Zeroman,

Thank you very much for your reply in detail. I have never been to Australia and haven’t any visa and Australian qualification. Age, education and experience make my points 55. (Age: 30, Experience: 10, Qualification: 15)

Which option do I follow first, IELTS or Skill Assessment as “Production Engineer”. I think we don’t need to sign every report by senior engineer, letter from company stating your job responsibilities is suffice as I did in previous skill assessment.

Have you got the assessment result as “Plant and Production Engineer”? Do I send the IELTS test report form again? If result get positive then what happened with previous skill assessment? Will they revoke it? If don’t than I will have assessment in two professional categories i.e. Chemical and Production Engineer.

I’ ll seek advice from my consultant too.

Whilst bad news for people in these groups, it seems that DIAC finally taking account of high levels of local unemployment. No bad thing - shame it takes so long to react to market pressures or lack thereof

Rather a long time in coming and should be extended to far more positions. Not a bad thing if incomers cannot get work in their area, let alone those already here.

You could retake your ielts 5 times in the time it would take to get a cdr application approved.

I would do some more study and hit the ielts, you were only 0.5 point off and it costs lots more for cdr application too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I am focusing on IELTS to improve my bands. I’ll appear in the exam after full preparation.

I am very anxious about the occupational category “Chemical Engineer”. I am afraid it won’t be in the next SOL list. I am thinking about the re-assessment of skill as “Production”. I am considering the pros and cons of it before the decision. Have you any idea and story of re-assessment?

I haven’t Tapatalk 2 application. Is there any forum to contact you?

• 3 weeks later...
You could retake your ielts 5 times in the time it would take to get a cdr application approved.

I would do some more study and hit the ielts, you were only 0.5 point off and it costs lots more for cdr application too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Dear Mattybe and Zeroman'

Would you like to answer the following questions:

Do I need to submit all the documents as I submit in the previous assessment?

Do I need to send my IELTS Test Report Form again from test centre?

Can I use any one of my previous career episode that I submitted in the assessment as Chemical Engineers with some minor changes?

I look forward to your answers.

Archived