Skills Assessment sorted, so what happens next?

rickandange

Hi chaps.

We've got the IELTs and Skills Assessment sorted, so are just wondering what happens next??

Our agent has got us to do a defacto statement, and I'm just waiting on the solicitors to countersign some letters that support this before I can post these to them. Once this is done should we be ready to submit an EOI online??? The agents haven't told us what happens next, and I'm eager to get cracking with it and get the EOI submitted!

Any ideas?

Thanks you!

the EOI does come next and as u mentioned you have an agent, they do the EOI for you. Make sure you insist on having the log in details so you can look for yourself as we have an agent who has done the EOI but we like to see for ourselves also :-). May i ask what visa you are applying for?

Thanks for that! I was getting worried that there was something I'd missed and we were further off submitting the EOI than I's thought. I'll make sure we ask for the logon details too thanks. We're applying to WA for a 190. Are you at the EOI stage yourself? If so, how long does it normally take to be processed, or is this very much dependant on the state and nomination demand? Thanks.

we are also applying for 190 WA. we submitted our EOI on the 25/07/2013 and we had an invite to apply for state nomination on the 1/8/2013. I sent the application for this the very same day :-) (so very keen) and now we are just waiting for approval for that. :)

Hi chaps.

We've got the IELTs and Skills Assessment sorted, so are just wondering what happens next??

Our agent has got us to do a defacto statement, and I'm just waiting on the solicitors to countersign some letters that support this before I can post these to them. Once this is done should we be ready to submit an EOI online??? The agents haven't told us what happens next, and I'm eager to get cracking with it and get the EOI submitted!

Any ideas?

Thanks you![/quote

Hi rickandange, we are at the Skillls Assessment and iELTS stage waiting for both to come back (hopefully positive) so interested to hear the advice you get on this thread. Just wanted to pick your brains as well what is the defacto statement your MA got you to do? I have been with my OH for 10 years and we have 3 kiddies -- do we need to do some kind of statement? If so could you send me a template that you used??

Thanks and best wishes Carmel :laugh:

Make sure you insist on having the log in details so you can look for yourself as we have an agent who has done the EOI but we like to see for ourselves also

The last time I let a client have the login details he 'updated' the file and created a shambles that took me half a dozen phone calls a 3 days to fix, never again.

Hi chaps.

Any ideas?

Thanks you![/quote

Hi rickandange, we are at the Skillls Assessment and iELTS stage waiting for both to come back (hopefully positive) so interested to hear the advice you get on this thread. Just wanted to pick your brains as well what is the defacto statement your MA got you to do? I have been with my OH for 10 years and we have 3 kiddies -- do we need to do some kind of statement? If so could you send me a template that you used??

Thanks and best wishes Carmel :laugh:

Hi Carmel

Good luck with the results for those!

In terms of the defacto statement, we were asked to write about 3 pages to include how our relationship developed (where and how we met etc.), and then specific information for the past 12 months. I've pasted part of a document below that we used as a guide when giving the specifics of the last 12 months, and I think that the topics in the document are the essential points that you need to cover. I'm no expert on putting the letter together and what's required by any means, so it would be interesting to see what other more knowledgeable people have to offer too!

Ange

Evidence.jpg

Evidence.jpg

Oh lovely thank you soo much Ange! I didn't even know I had to do a statement so I will get started on that and that information is really helpful!! I met my OH in a late night drinking club in Harlesden after Notting Hill Carnival on 29 August 10 years ago and I was so p**sed I thought he was an angel cos he is about 6ft 4 and was the only white man in a sea of black faces!! The whole thing sounds soo dodgy -- I think I better write it up a bit better than that though lol ..... :biggrin:

Oh lovely thank you soo much Ange! I didn't even know I had to do a statement so I will get started on that and that information is really helpful!! I met my OH in a late night drinking club in Harlesden after Notting Hill Carnival on 29 August 10 years ago and I was so p**sed I thought he was an angel cos he is about 6ft 4 and was the only white man in a sea of black faces!! The whole thing sounds soo dodgy -- I think I better write it up a bit better than that though lol ..... :biggrin:

We had to give quite a censored version of our first 'encounter' too ha ha! All good fun going back and thinking about what we wanted to write together though! I'm not sure at what point in the application process the statement is required, so it might be worth starting a new post to ask people when and how to submit it - we've only written one and got the evidence at our agent's request, so I'm not sure how you would submit it independently.

Ange

ha, ha - at least it's not just us then!! Thanks for the advice I will start a new thread just to know when to submit it! More homework writing it -- I still have to update my cv to get that right for the Aussie market!! Best of luck Ange ... Carmel

Hi Carmel

Good luck with the results for those!

In terms of the defacto statement, we were asked to write about 3 pages to include how our relationship developed (where and how we met etc.), and then specific information for the past 12 months. I've pasted part of a document below that we used as a guide when giving the specifics of the last 12 months, and I think that the topics in the document are the essential points that you need to cover. I'm no expert on putting the letter together and what's required by any means, so it would be interesting to see what other more knowledgeable people have to offer too!

Ange

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20387[/ATTACH]

Hey there!!

where did you find this document as its hard to read what it says in here!?

Thanks

kez

The last time I let a client have the login details he 'updated' the file and created a shambles that took me half a dozen phone calls a 3 days to fix, never again.

Funny, that's the first thing I thought when someone suggested getting login details.....not that everyone is going to be a silly bugger but it does leave it open for an agent to be 'blamed' maybe..... I have read in other threads about such things like this.

I can totally understand the want for keeping an eye/excitement/anticipation but I think when we are in a position to get started with enlisting the help of an agent we will be handing over the reigns so that we can 1- have less stress, let them deal with it they know what theyre doing (the recommended ones on here anyway as in wrussel and others such as Alan Collet) and 2- if anything goes t*ts up due to something that's been done wrong by an agent then you always have a leg to stand on in getting your money back or as read about in some cases, them paying the fees for a new application after messing up.

Id say to anyone who really feels the need to have login details just don't under any circs amend any details without speaking to your agent incase of any unintentional c**k ups :)

All the best of luck! Hope you hear soon....oooooo exciting stuff cant wait for that day when its us:wink:

Archived