Is there a 'best' state for nursing jobs?

Kel87

Hi, as the title says really, we are extremely eager to move to adelaide however being the only earner at first the scare stories and lack of jobs available is worrying, I'm sure like anyone my main concern is securing a permenant position when we arrive.

Does anyone feel the state they live In is still actively employing alot of nurses or is it generally the same story all over Australia?

My background is 6 years mainly in respiratory and I do consider myself very well skilled in this area.

A colleague went over to Brisbane recently and is returning as could only get agency work. Fiona Stanley hospital is having graded opening in 2014 so there will be some demand in WA - but at the moment there aren't too many jobs going around.

Someone has posted today on poms in Adelaide (I think you have posted on there previously) saying they have got an interview for one of the hospitals in Adelaide, so perhaps have a look at that and maybe follow up with the person.

I was talking to someone recently in Adelaide and their partner is a nurse and they were saying they are not taking people on, but then the above post came on saying they were having an interview (although it is at a different hospital) so maybe it depends on what nursing you do and where there are shortages.

Archived