Should I move to sponsored state?

Aston Ks

Hi, recently i was granted SS 176 visa, but unfortunately because of the recent business environment jobs are not as plenty as before, and the type of job i'm looking for, are not many in my sponsored state. I would prefer to land in Australia with few interviews in hand rather than waiting after I land and it would be very difficult to move around different cities looking for jobs if I don't find any in the sponsored state.

So, I just want to know, is it necessary that I spent the first two years living and working in the SS or I can live anywhere and work anywhere, and would it cause any problem when I apply for citizenship after 5 years?

Hi, recently i was granted SS 176 visa, but unfortunately because of the recent business environment jobs are not as plenty as before, and the type of job i'm looking for, are not many in my sponsored state. I would prefer to land in Australia with few interviews in hand rather than waiting after I land and it would be very difficult to move around different cities looking for jobs if I don't find any in the sponsored state.

So, I just want to know, is it necessary that I spent the first two years living and working in the SS or I can live anywhere and work anywhere, and would it cause any problem when I apply for citizenship after 5 years?

On 176 you can live and work anywhere you want and it won't cause any problems with citizenship in the future.

If I were you I would apply for jobs all around Australia, but give more consideration to ones in your sponsoring state. But if you don't like your sponsoring state, you are free to live wherever you want:)

Good luck with your applications!

Hi guys. Im in the same situation. I got my 176 visa last year august 17 2012. I have a south australia state sponsored visa. But I decided to see Sydney first when I arrive here last year on September. In Sydney there are plenty of jobs for me I am now currently working since last year in Sydney.

Recently I checked my email, South Australia Immgiration send me an email:

Dear ..............................,

Our records show that you have been granted a state sponsored skilled visa.

Our records show that you have not registered your arrival online.

Immigration SA is required to monitor your residence in South Australia for the first two years after your arrival.

If you have arrived in South Australia, as required as part of your migration sponsorship approval, please use the below link to register now:

http://status.migration.sa.gov.au/survey/register_form?login=4706_8c60ce1476995acf

If you haven't arrived in South Australia, please keep this email and click on the link when you have arrived.

. Send an email to DTEDImmigrationSARegistrations@sa.gov.au

Best Wishes

Immigration SA Team

They send me this email. I dont know if I should just keep ignoring this email or should I tell them I am here now in Australia but living in NSW. Im just scared if I tell them if they will take any actions to cancel my visa or something?!?!?

Archived