A good news stories out there???

Kezzles

My wife and I moved out around 18 months ago to "economically challenged" Hobart. My wife (physio) got a job before we moved and I got a job (IT) within about a month and a half. Since then we've both had 2 promotions and both been approached by other companies to work for them.

I'd say if you're positive, ready to take action and good at your job you should have no problem at all. You might possibly have to take a step down to "get in the door" (I did but not a huge step) but in our experience people are able to climb the ladder if they have the ability.

Good luck!

Hey Kerry, can't wait to see what you get back! Maybe the success stories are too busy living and enjoying life and don't come on this forum to complain ........ lol Carmel

I hope you're right ha ha! All this doom and gloom is a bit of a kill joy isn't it, but it's not deterring me!!

Good job news story 1...

I was meeting a migrant last week to offer them some advice and the course they were on finished earlier than expected, so they had some time to kill before meeting me. The course they were on, someone mentioned asking about some work on a project, so while they were waiting for me, they went and asked on site, had a chat on the phone with someone and they started work this week.

I always say to migrants (especially in Adelaide) that being in the right place at the right time with the right skills is sometimes all you need (and a bit of good luck!)!

Good job news story 2....

A migrant asked for my advice regarding their circumstances. They were applying for roles from the UK but not getting anywhere. I gave them some advice and they used their initiative and they have now been shortlisted for a position in Australia, which is a great start.

• 2 weeks later...

my partner and I landed in Sydney 4 weeks ago. my partner got a Manager job in pharmaceutical before our arrival. His employer sponsored us free airticket to fly in and 3 initial days free hotel stay for us to settle-in. honestly, that was a very good deal. While for myself, I got a job offer on 2nd week of arrival after 4 job-interviews and was told to start work on the following Monday! and Now, I'm writing this message from my workdesk ! cheers

This journey has been way too easy than we expected. Never ever under-estimate Sydney ! It's full of opportunity !!

my partner and I landed in Sydney 4 weeks ago. my partner got a Manager job in pharmaceutical before our arrival. His employer sponsored us free airticket to fly in and 3 initial days free hotel stay for us to settle-in. honestly, that was a very good deal. While for myself, I got a job offer on 2nd week of arrival after 4 job-interviews and was told to start work on the following Monday! and Now, I'm writing this message from my workdesk ! cheers

This journey has been way too easy than we expected. Never ever under-estimate Sydney ! It's full of opportunity !!

Great story thanks plutology!

My wife and I moved out around 18 months ago to "economically challenged" Hobart. My wife (physio) got a job before we moved and I got a job (IT) within about a month and a half. Since then we've both had 2 promotions and both been approached by other companies to work for them.

I'd say if you're positive, ready to take action and good at your job you should have no problem at all. You might possibly have to take a step down to "get in the door" (I did but not a huge step) but in our experience people are able to climb the ladder if they have the ability.

Good luck!

Great story runslikeafish!

Archived