Family Sponsorship

cjirs

Hi, I'm new to all this and not very clued in on the various visas. Basically we are looking to emigrate to Aus but neither of us are on the skilled migration list. We are engaged to be married next April and hoping to move after the wedding. We have 3 young children. My fiance has recently set up his own photography business (landscapes, weddings etc) but his background is in Insurance (20 years). I am office admin.

He has a brother who lives in Sydney and I have an uncle and cousins in Melbourne. We know his brother can't help us as he is in NSW, but we were wondering if my family in Melbourne might be able to help by way of family sponsorship? It also just happens to be that one of my cousins is also a photographer with her own business.

I can't seem to find any information on extended family sponsorship, and as I say, I'm not up to speed with all the various visas available.

Can anybody help? Thanks so much.

Having family to sponsor you is only helpful if you have an occupation on the skills list and require the extra points that having a resident family member can bring you.

Other than for immediate family, spouse and children, there are no visas for family that do not also require you to be a skilled migrant with an occupation in demand.

Family sponsorship is a thing of the past. As above the only family sponsorship visa is now the 489 visa, which you require a occupation on SOL1, and sponsor requires to live in Regional Australia, even then this is only for a Provisional Visa.

Without an occupation on at least CSOL, and being able to gain a positive skills assessment there is not much other options.

With regards to your family in Melbourne, I guess that your cousin is a self-employed photographer, and therefore would not meet the eligible criteria to become a business sponsor.

From what you have posted - cant see any options apart from re-training, but then risky as migration regulations and occupation lists change contently.

Agree with the above, there are unlikely to be any paths for you at the moment. Extended family sponsorship only works when all other skilled migration criteria can be met anyway, it means little to be honest. You will need to think of this as a long term plan which wil require one of you to retrain in an occupation that hopefully remains on the skilled occupation lists.

Having family to sponsor you is only helpful if you have an occupation on the skills list and require the extra points that having a resident family member can bring you.

Other than for immediate family, spouse and children, there are no visas for family that do not also require you to be a skilled migrant with an occupation in demand.

Is this written down anywhere - as on immi.gov.au possibly?

Family sponsorship is a thing of the past. As above the only family sponsorship visa is now the 489 visa, which you require a occupation on SOL1, and sponsor requires to live in Regional Australia, even then this is only for a Provisional Visa.

I am aiming for a 489 family sponsored visa and in this case the whole of WA is deemed regional. ( Booklet 6, page 13 - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf ) I am heading to Perth. Indeed, the visa is only provisional.

Is this written down anywhere - as on immi.gov.au possibly?

I am aiming for a 489 family sponsored visa and in this case the whole of WA is deemed regional. ( Booklet 6, page 13 - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf ) I am heading to Perth. Indeed, the visa is only provisional.

Whole of WA is only deemed regional for 489 Family Sponsored visas with an occupation on SOL 1.

489 State nominated visas - the whole of WA is Not regional, you can not live and work in Perth.

This is reflected in the visa conditions when the visas are granted.

Thanks lebourvellec, but is this written down anywhere: require the extra points that having a resident family member can bring you ?

Is what written down? It is not clear what you are asking, you an easily look up the points test on the immigration website if that is what you re asking.

Hi Rupert,

user '_shel' wrote in the second comment on this page that "Having family to sponsor you is only helpful if you have an occupation on the skills list and require the extra points that having a resident family member can bring you." Being familiar with the subclass 489 visa page ( http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-489/ ) I wanted to know if the bolded part is written down anywhere on the immi.gov.au site. I've never heard of such thing that a migrant can get points for the simple fact that a relative is sponsoring him/her.

Hi Rupert,

user '_shel' wrote in the second comment on this page that "Having family to sponsor you is only helpful if you have an occupation on the skills list and require the extra points that having a resident family member can bring you." Being familiar with the subclass 489 visa page ( http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-489/ ) I wanted to know if the bolded part is written down anywhere on the immi.gov.au site. I've never heard of such thing that a migrant can get points for the simple fact that a relative is sponsoring him/her.

So look at the points test again..

Archived