Childrens visa question. Can anyone help?

LJL

Hi,

I have a PR visa and my OH has a partner visa. We moved back to UK in 2011 (long story). We now have a little girl and have started talking about maybe moving back. If we apply for the 101 child visa, do we have to wait until it has been granted before we can move (as it states on the IMMI website) or is there a way around it?

I know it may be a silly question as I've written the answer but it states 14 months to grant this type of visa!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Child 101 from London takes about 7-9 months to be granted. The only way to move before it is granted if for child to travel on visitors visa after you have lodged the application, but as this is an offshore visa you will need to take child offshore for visa to be granted. Otherwise you can look at child 802 visas that can be applied for onshore, but child will need to travel on visitors visa to be able to apply onshore which can be concerning for getting through immigration at the airport. To be able to apply onshore, the visitors visa can not have the no further stay condition. Applying for child visa offshore has same conditions as other visas for validating, to make first entry before earliest date of medicals or police checks. So as your other post states that you are not sure about making move back its a difficult one in when to apply, as you may need to make expensive trip to validate the visa.

Child 101 from London takes about 7-9 months to be granted. The only way to move before it is granted if for child to travel on visitors visa after you have lodged the application, but as this is an offshore visa you will need to take child offshore for visa to be granted. Otherwise you can look at child 802 visas that can be applied for onshore, but child will need to travel on visitors visa to be able to apply onshore which can be concerning for getting through immigration at the airport. To be able to apply onshore, the visitors visa can not have the no further stay condition. Applying for child visa offshore has same conditions as other visas for validating, to make first entry before earliest date of medicals or police checks. So as your other post states that you are not sure about making move back its a difficult one in when to apply, as you may need to make expensive trip to validate the visa.

Lebourvellec, are you yoda? Many thanks for the above.

Hi,

I have a PR visa and my OH has a partner visa. We moved back to UK in 2011 (long story). We now have a little girl and have started talking about maybe moving back. If we apply for the 101 child visa, do we have to wait until it has been granted before we can move (as it states on the IMMI website) or is there a way around it?

I know it may be a silly question as I've written the answer but it states 14 months to grant this type of visa!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

We are in exactly that situation! We applied for our little boys child visa in Feb and still waiting for it to be granted. They have said 7-8 months from when lodged. We fly out to our neww life in Brisbane in just 9 days - eeeeek! So we have got a 6 month tourist visa for our little boy to cover us until his 101 is granted, that cost us $115 and we got it 2 days after lodging online. So it looks like my little boy and I are looking forward to a little holiday to NZ sometime on October when his visa is granted! It is an expense we could do without, however it would have cost an extra $1000 to apply for a 101 onshore so it kind of works out the same. Happy to help if you need any other help!

Hi there,

We are in exactly that situation! We applied for our little boys child visa in Feb and still waiting for it to be granted. They have said 7-8 months from when lodged. We fly out to our neww life in Brisbane in just 9 days - eeeeek! So we have got a 6 month tourist visa for our little boy to cover us until his 101 is granted, that cost us $115 and we got it 2 days after lodging online. So it looks like my little boy and I are looking forward to a little holiday to NZ sometime on October when his visa is granted! It is an expense we could do without, however it would have cost an extra $1000 to apply for a 101 onshore so it kind of works out the same. Happy to help if you need any other help!

Hi Team Edwards,

thanks for the reply, I'm glad we aren't the only ones!

The price to apply offshore is the same as onshore isn't it? I looked on the website and it says $2060. Is this not correct?

good luck by the way.

We had the same problems, our 3 eldest had there pr, and we had another 2 when we moved back to England, we spoke to our immigration advisor, who is awesome, we got them through customs on a tourist, and remember stood there thinking they would turn us back at any point, but they didn't lol, the process time over here is quicker than they quote which is a bonus, good luck with your move guys x

• 5 months later...

Hi, for my son I had to do a child visa application then a 12 months tourist visa whilst we were waiting for it to be granted. We made a short trip to Fiji because, as others have stated, you need to be out of the country at the time of grant. No problems with the tourist visa or child visa. - all went through fine and no problems to enter.... We are now having to do the same for my newborn daughter as I was in the U.K. when I gave birth.

On the website they seem to be saying processing times are 3/4 months as opposed to 8 months which was what we were told ( and experienced) last time. Anyone have any experience of the wait time for a child visa???

• 2 months later...

Archived