UK Tax Return

can1983

Last year i did my uk tax return from Australia for my income from letting my house in the uk

HMRC sent all forms to the same address which we are still at including the summary at the end

This year no tax return form has arrived, whilst I dont like paying tax I think ignoring this might not be a good idea :)

Has anyone else not received their form yet?

The Australian post is not really so reliable. I had my UK state pension stopped because a form they sent to me was returned to them, despite being addressed correctly. I also have to complete a UK tax return due to UK rental. I didn't receive any forms this year, but I did receive a letter saying it was time to complete my tax return. I just downloaded the forms from their website. I would not ignore this. They have a record of you completing last year and will probably expect the same this year or want to know why. If you do not send in your tax return on time, they fine you 100 quid. They did this to me last year, as there was one form missing from the return (which I did not even know I had to complete!). They returned the whole lot to me saying they could not accept it with a letter posted on 24th December, with a deadline to be returned by 30th January. I didn't receive this till 1st February and they still fined me! I am still in dispute with them about this.

Archived