Buying a home/ first home owner grant

Tootsie30

hi everyone just wondered if anyone could shed some light on this for me, maybe some others have been in a similar situation.

I hopefully will be looking at buying a place in perth wa in the next couple yrs. I will be in full time work and currently hold a permeant visa but can't apply for my citizenship for afew years.

i have been looking at land and house packages on first home buyers, which states you only need to save 3000 deposit, and other ones which state small deposits.

Just wanted to know will I be legible for the first home owner grant on my permeant resident visa or not until I become an australian citizen.

As long as it's your first home in Aus you can get it and there's also another grant that you're entitled too but tbh, I have forgotten the name of it but it's available to first time buyers too.

Wow that's a bonus . We had sort of assumed it wouldn't be possible!

Wow that's a bonus . We had sort of assumed it wouldn't be possible!

If you go on realestate.com.au, there's a mortgage calculator that you can use and it will ask you what state you are moving too (Tas in your case) and then it will calculate the first time buyers grant and link to the page that tells you about that and the other grant that you can get x

If you go on realestate.com.au, there's a mortgage calculator that you can use and it will ask you what state you are moving too (Tas in your case) and then it will calculate the first time buyers grant and link to the page that tells you about that and the other grant that you can get x

Thanks - I will have a look!

If you are in Qld and have previously owned property anywhere in he world you are not eligible for buying your first Aussie home stamp duty free but you get the "great start grant" for buying/building a new home. Nasty Campbell Newman strikes again so we will have to pay some stamp duty.

That's great news thank you for getting back to me. Thats cleared that question up.

Just gotta get saving now!

if anyone knows of any other things or grants or help you maybe entitled too please pass info on.

Also if your applying with the min deposit for mortgage on a house and land package or apartment, do you know what the least amount of time they like you to be employed with an employer in your in full time work?:unsure:

How do they know if you've owned before?

Presumably they check with the Aus equivalent of the Land Registry and also, since you would have to sign declarations, you possibly could be prosecuted for fraud if you were to lie.

That's great news thank you for getting back to me. Thats cleared that question up.

Just gotta get saving now!

if anyone knows of any other things or grants or help you maybe entitled too please pass info on.

Also if your applying with the min deposit for mortgage on a house and land package or apartment, do you know what the least amount of time they like you to be employed with an employer in your in full time work?:unsure:

If I remember rightly, I think you have to have been in employment for six months but that's with a much bigger deposit and I also think that it depends on your status (what visa you have) but I'm not completely sure I'm afraid.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Lamees

Yeah! You can get in on RR, otherwise a realtor or an agent nearby you can helps you beter because they known well about these type of situations. Hope he will charge nothing for counselling.

I am unsure of all states, but this it toally wrong in QLD. We just bought and was not entitled to it. If you have owned ANYWHERE in the world before, you are not classed as a first time buyer and therfore not eligible.

As long as it's your first home in Aus you can get it and there's also another grant that you're entitled too but tbh, I have forgotten the name of it but it's available to first time buyers too.

I am unsure of all states, but this it toally wrong in QLD. We just bought and was not entitled to it. If you have owned ANYWHERE in the world before, you are not classed as a first time buyer and therfore not eligible.

Not true in WA, the application form asks if you do or have previously owned a property in Australia. No mention of any other countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

actually I think I have got it mixed up LOL, we were not eligible for the First home grant as it was scrapped, I think it was the first home concession we couldnt get either as we had owned before, Its all a blur now LOL, it was a whirlwind when it was all going through!

Archived