going to uni as a mature student

Guest naomi

My partner and I are hoping to move to oz this time next year. I want to go back to uni to study midwifery. Know they do it in Curtin Uni but am a bit bamboozled by the entry requirements and the fees:unsure:. Can anyone out there help!

• 3 weeks later...

Dont know about this course in particular but it would seem to depend on which visa you come in to the country on as to how much it is going to cost you. If you are a permanent resident then you would pay local fees but they would have to be paid upfront because the deferred payment and support options are for Aus citizens only.

If you are coming as a dependent of a temporary resident (457 for example) then it looks as if you would be hit for international fees.

Entry to university courses usually require a UAI score but as a mature student who may not have a current UAI then you could ask them what would be an expected level of achievement. They should be able to judge from whatever you have done by way of A levels etc.

Guest naomi

:cute:Thanks for the advice. Hopefully my partner will get a permanent visa. Sat in Wales at the mo and the weather has been awful so really hope we can get to oz and enjoy the weather!

Archived