Certification of documents

carob

Thrown a bit of a wobbly yesterday on reading on PIO that the Post Office will not be accepted by Immigration. Does this apply to UK and or Aus? I thought as the PO is ok here and on reading the list of approved people they would be alright. Already submitted visa application last month, so in panic mode as worrying that we will have to start over again! Help!

thanks in advance for any info. We already know we are in a long queue for our 143 visa.

Thrown a bit of a wobbly yesterday on reading on PIO that the Post Office will not be accepted by Immigration. Does this apply to UK and or Aus? I thought as the PO is ok here and on reading the list of approved people they would be alright. Already submitted visa application last month, so in panic mode as worrying that we will have to start over again! Help!

thanks in advance for any info. We already know we are in a long queue for our 143 visa.

as far as im aware no, it has to be public notary, jp or a person who is recognised by the law of the country. I think you can upload online, documents to DIAC so long as there in colour they do not need certifying............hopefully someone else can come along and clarify this but sure im right xx

Thanks tinaisrar for your input. We are in the UK and the post office here does certify documents, as I've used them before but not for a visa. So presumably this is the law in the UK. As we are applying for the 143 contributory visa, we won't have a case officer until at least a twelve months or longer, so we won't know if our application will be rejected. Our visa is all done by post not online, so we may not be able to send certificates any other way.

Thanks tinaisrar for your input. We are in the UK and the post office here does certify documents, as I've used them before but not for a visa. So presumably this is the law in the UK. As we are applying for the 143 contributory visa, we won't have a case officer until at least a twelve months or longer, so we won't know if our application will be rejected. Our visa is all done by post not online, so we may not be able to send certificates any other way.

I dont know about that visa to be honest, but all my reading in my area has been clear that they need certifying by a lawyer etc, i doubt the post office very much i know there are certain visas where people within certain occupations can sign (the same as certifying the back of a passport photo i believe).......why dont you email or ring them to confirm so at least if it is incorrect you can quickly rectify the problem. Would be ashame if you waited 12 months to find out! xx

Hi Carob,

we slipped up to. We had all ours certified by a serving police officer, apparently this was not good enough.

All we had to do was make new copies of our documents, mainly birth Certs, marriage and death Certs, passports and take them to our local solicitor who certified them for us and then we sent them back to immigration.

we didn't have to start all over again. It wasn't a problem, just an inconvenience.

metoo

Hi Carob,

we slipped up to. We had all ours certified by a serving police officer, apparently this was not good enough.

All we had to do was make new copies of our documents, mainly birth Certs, marriage and death Certs, passports and take them to our local solicitor who certified them for us and then we sent them back to immigration.

we didn't have to start all over again. It wasn't a problem, just an inconvenience.

metoo

ooooooooo just noticed your in Leicester Metoo or have you now moved to oz?

The list of who can certify is far smaller for UK.

JP, magistrate, solicitor....

We made an appointment with a solicitor, had everything we needed all copied and ready, took in originals and passports and left them with him. Collected half an hour later, all stamped, signed and dated. Paid £35 or so (they knocked £30 off as we had so many to certify). Bargin.

Hi tinaisrar,

Still in Leicester I'm afraid. Hopefully wont be too long now.

so much to do and so little time lol.

where are you headed Tina

Not yet decided to be honest i think its where i get a job, New south wales i think,,,,,,,,,,,maybe perth also still researching. What do you do and when you expecting to go? are you city in Leicester then?

Hi Carob,

metoo

hello Metoo, thanks for your reply. I guess you were asked for the new copies when your case officer was appointed. Is that so? It has been suggested we email or phone DIAC, but as we are more or less at the bottom of the pile at the moment, I doubt anyone will know who we are! Also, I understand you have difficulty getting through.

Archived