Awaiting telephone Job interview

Hi.. I was supposed to have a telephone interview 2wks ago, but it didn't happen, no call came. :unsure: I was really disappointed! Still am!

I had an email from the agency to apologise the next day and to say the doctor & nurse who was going to interview me were really busy the day of interview so never got he chance to call. ( I can accept that as I know the day can change and emergencies happen)

Anyway, apparently they would still like to chat with me and said they will arrange another day & time, still no further forward as yet.

Im not sure what to think.. I've emailed the agency again last week and was told they were contacting the employer on Monday, so I've been waiting patiently for an email again but nothing.

I just don't know what to think!

Should I assume that the employer has just changed their mind?

Personally it would put me of from even considering to work for them. Yes emergencies can happen, yet for interview staffing is usually sorted prior! as you are still waiting and no further updates given it does not put the agency in a good light in my eyes. Personally i would leave it as first impression counts in my eyes and its not a good one, gives a good reflection what they are like, disorganised for one!....keep looking the job is round the corner for you dont worry x

Yeah, I know what your saying. I thought this too, I would love to just even get an interview for the experience of questions they ask etc, suppose I'm clutching at straws with this job!! :-/

Thats true, didnt think of that......hassle them for interview hahahah x

I had a similar situation, i had the interview, they said they wanted me, but that they want to take up references themselves, and not use the the healthcare agency that found me the interview. then i waited for 5 weeks before they bothered to contact my current manager, who was waiting to hear from them. all the while i was holding on for a firm job offer. which came 7 weeks after my telephone interview.

these Ausie managers are really laid back so dont worry. just go with the flow. its apparently the aussie way. lol

I had a similar situation, i had the interview, they said they wanted me, but that they want to take up references themselves, and not use the the healthcare agency that found me the interview. then i waited for 5 weeks before they bothered to contact my current manager, who was waiting to hear from them. all the while i was holding on for a firm job offer. which came 7 weeks after my telephone interview.

these Ausie managers are really laid back so dont worry. just go with the flow. its apparently the aussie way. lol

Oh!! I bet that was torture for u waiting that long!!!

A few people have said to me to accept that some Aussies just don't sense any urgency so waiting 2wks is nothing.. On the other hand, I'm hyper!!! And want the interview!! Haha... I'm fed up of getting up every morning hoping for an email and still funding nothing...

Agency was healthcare australiia. Very very helpful. Yes 457. going to perth. (I hope). Like i said getting really stressed that i will fail the medical and that we wont get a visa. Probanoy being daft , but when its all taking so long you begin to doubt everything. Im not even sure of my own name somedays lol:-)

Agency was healthcare australiia. Very very helpful. Yes 457. going to perth. (I hope). Like i said getting really stressed that i will fail the medical and that we wont get a visa. Probanoy being daft , but when its all taking so long you begin to doubt everything. Im not even sure of my own name somedays lol:-)

I don't think your alone.. I've read about quite a few people who get worried about passing the medical, I hope everything is fine at you will be loving it it Perth before u know it!! :-))

Unfortunately not, evisa info still says processing commenced for the visa and that all medical tests are still needed, so e-medical hasnt even registered that i have had it all done. Where are you hoping to relocate? I probably shouldnt advertise, but healthcare australia have been fabulous, they are on facebook if you get the chance to look, they have vacancies to fill all over Aus. Really hope you find something soon. :wink:

Unfortunately not, evisa info still says processing commenced for the visa and that all medical tests are still needed, so e-medical hasnt even registered that i have had it all done. Where are you hoping to relocate? I probably shouldnt advertise, but healthcare australia have been fabulous, they are on facebook if you get the chance to look, they have vacancies to fill all over Aus. Really hope you find something soon. :wink:

Yes I looked on their site.. I started to fill in the registration form but then my CV wouldn't upload , but I'm going to try again today..

I'm hoping for Queensland, I'm quite keen on up north of QLD but where ever the job is really.. Hope your medical reports come through fast for u! Waiting is a horrible game!

It was bad enough waiting for AHPRA !

:-)

Awe thats a shame, and frustrating. How much experience do you have? I qualify in Sept 2013 and I will be starting my first job in the busy medical assessment unit, as they have so many different conditions on the ward it should give me an excellent start and experience. I kind of hope that 2014 will be the time I can start the visa process, I KNOW I need tons of experience etc but if I can express dedication etc etc I kind of hope someone somewhere may JUST give me the opportunity (I live in hope). Hope you find something soon 'practicenurse'.

Hi, I've been qualified nearly 6years, 5 1/2 yrs as practice nurse.

It's hard going this visa stuff..! Takes over your life! Lol.

Good luck with your studies and job! :-)

I'm sure if your determined enough then u will get there! Would you not fact doing preceptorship in aus? My friend did that for 1year.

Archived