WHV travelling alone???

kitkaz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's my kind of price! Its funny because I was actually thinking the other day about wether people do it that way. Was on one of those cheapo airline sites - webstar or something like that!

The problem with this though is that you spend what you save with booking flights out of Aus, more than in most cases. We are pretty lucky relatively with what we pay for flights.

If you take £425 + the cost to get BKK to KL you're definitely going to pay more than £500 to get home so there's no saving on booking a return and actually will cost more.

Not to p on the op's bonfire, just to say it's not good to advocate it as a cheap way to travel back and forth as in the long run it's not.

It is worth it if you want to travel around Asia or South America on the way home but still not cheaper. Just less lay out right now.

I don't think, if you can be mildly flexible with dates, you ever need to spend more than £1000 to get from London to Sydney.

Any way, boring stuff aside...... We leave on TUESDAY to arrive 28th Oct - feeling nervous :/

The problem with this though is that you spend what you save with booking flights out of Aus, more than in most cases. We are pretty lucky relatively with what we pay for flights.

If you take £425 + the cost to get BKK to KL you're definitely going to pay more than £500 to get home so there's no saving on booking a return and actually will cost more.

Not to p on the op's bonfire, just to say it's not good to advocate it as a cheap way to travel back and forth as in the long run it's not.

It is worth it if you want to travel around Asia or South America on the way home but still not cheaper. Just less lay out right now.

I don't think, if you can be mildly flexible with dates, you ever need to spend more than £1000 to get from London to Sydney.

Any way, boring stuff aside...... We leave on TUESDAY to arrive 28th Oct - feeling nervous :/

Yeah good point. I suppose its good if your not sure when you'll be back so no point in booking a return

Hi Kaz

Probably very late on your plans now but just come across your post about goin to Oz oct/nov...basicaly I'm planning on going to Oz in about 4 weeks so end of oct/nov approx!

Whats your latest, have you actually left yet or come up with a plan to leave? Planning on flying to Melbourne, was there 2 years ago and love that place!

Anyway let me know what your plans are if you want to talk more :-)

Jay

Hi everyone

Quick one: will be flying into Melbourne end oct / early nov to start 1st year working holiday...anyone else leaving for Melbourne that sort of time or already there?

Already spent 3 months out there before 2years ago so know about the going alone thing being fine, just seeing if anyone was in the same boat as me and fancied swapping ideas etc? Also if anyone has a job or knows people for jobs in and around melbourne then would love to hear some of those details, the quicker I can start earning money the better!

Thanks all, Jay

• 2 weeks later...
I came out alone, 6 weeks ago. Found a job within 3 weeks and had a car within 1 week.

I'm in Melbourne but moving on to Perth in mid August

Hi tash please, can you intimate me on how you did get a job within 3weeks and where should I look at as I intend to come in December am a Permanent Resident

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lulum1986
Cool, what dates ur flight? And from where? U got any plans/ideas yet? 

Flight is jan 9 :) gonna stay with my auntie first week to sort my stuff out like bank account, phone et. Also I have a job and they said the induction can be the first week. Then kind of no plans after that lol. What about you?

Flight is jan 9 :) gonna stay with my auntie first week to sort my stuff out like bank account, phone et. Also I have a job and they said the induction can be the first week. Then kind of no plans after that lol. What about you?

Sounds good, what job are you doing? I'm no way near as planned as that, I've got as far as arrive in Sydney and......that's it lol. If u wanna send me ur email we could meet up when I arrive if u want? Share ideas? ?

Guest lulum1986
Sounds good, what job are you doing? I'm no way near as planned as that, I've got as far as arrive in Sydney and......that's it lol. If u wanna send me ur email we could meet up when I arrive if u want? Share ideas? 

yeah that sounds good. Ill msg you now :) im a nurse. So got a job for an agency, can work in any state in Australia lol xx

Heading out on Sunday to Melbourne, it's come around so quick! Pretty much got everything sorted now I think! Just got to transfer my money over. Very rough plan is spend a week or 2 in Melbourne just to find my feet and sort out medicare, bank, phone etc then look to get some farm work asap ideally in Victoria or Tasmania! Really want to make to an ashes test in either Melbourne or sydney as well. Anyone else planning on getting to any of the ashes or got any tips on hoe to get tickets?