Work experience is a must?

LuciBV

Hi everyone, pretty new around here, but I have a HUUUGE dilemma: i was arguing with one friend of mine today on this matter - Is it required as a must to have work experience, as long as you get over 60 points from the other criterias (for 189 or 190 class visa)? I read most of the info on Skill Select section , and nowhere is specified that work experience is an compulsory criteria for DIAC. I really appreciate any kind of help. Thanks, Luci.

No work experience for the visa per se, however there are only a few occupations which don't require work experience for the skills assessment. So you are kind of both right, it is not a DIAC requirement, but for the majority, yes work experience will be essential as you cannot get the visa without a skills assessment.

For this specific occupation, accountant, I checked on ICAA, work experience not required, DIAC as well, not mentioning anything about ANY of the occupations that needs as a must work experience, but you can get points by having it. So, I'm still in doubts... Though I am sure that is not required by DIAC.

For this specific occupation, accountant, I checked on ICAA, work experience not required, DIAC as well, not mentioning anything about ANY of the occupations that needs as a must work experience, but you can get points by having it. So, I'm still in doubts... Though I am sure that is not required by DIAC.

You are unlikely to get a 190 without work experience, but if you have the points a 189 should be OK. You might want to consult a registered migration agent for a professional assessment.

And accountant is one of the exceptions that I referred to, there is no work experience requirement for the accountant skills assessment.