Herts/Beds/Bucks meet up!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're in Oz too! In Gold Coast from Kempston (Bedford).

Where were you from Nic.

Invasion of pub sounds good though!! :yes: Enjoy.

Emma

Guest Cellefrouin

Ahhhhhhh! I would have loved to meet up but I live in France now! (a bit of a trek!). I used to live in Bedfordshire and before that Herts.

Guest donovan

Hello would love to meet up, from Houghton Regis, nr Dunstable, but living on the Gold Coast now

Good luck with the meet

Sarah x

Hi, we are already in OZ too, on the Gold Coast, around Helensvale, but orignally from Stevenage and Leigh on Sea, let me know if you come across here and would be more than willing to meet up for drinks! Good luck x

Guest graham$nic
We're in Oz too! In Gold Coast from Kempston (Bedford).

Where were you from Nic.

Invasion of pub sounds good though!! :yes: Enjoy.

Emma

Hi we was from biggleswade now central coast and loving it :)

Hi

we would love to meet up.

Live just outside High Wycombe.

Let us know date/time.

We are travelling to gatecrash Essex meet on 9th March as there was none organised around here and we would like to chat to other PIO's about it all.

Brenda:wubclub:

We've got several sets of friends on the Central Coast - one couple are in Somersby and the other couple are in MacMasters Beach, near Gosford. They are both from the Amthill, Maulden, Toddington area

Guest RJECSAUNDERS

We would love to part of a meet up - we currently live in Toddington, Beds and are at the beginning of the whole process - just waiting for TRA to come back. Please let us know any arrangements.

Julie

WOW!! Thanks for all your replies guys!! Lucky ones who are already in Aus! We are heading for the Gold Coast so would love to meet up when we validate this November. As for everyone who is still in the UK and would like to meet up i'll have a look at where would be best to meet up, i'll try to make it in the middle for everyone so we are all travelling the same distance. So looking forward to it should be a good laugh. We are living in Arlesey, beds (originally from Biggleswade by the way Graham & Nic) Really small world.... Let you all know soon x Alison x

Currently living in Abbots Langley, just outside Watford and would certainly be interested in a meet..hoping to go to Adelaide although we are right at the start of the process!

Guest griggsy

Alright Sluggy,we`re waiting for a co before we get our medical`s and police check`s done,we`re hoping to go to Brisbane some time this year.This is such a long drawn out process we`re trying to be patient but it is hard.

Guest Ozzie Wannabe

Wow I thought Bigglewade was a small place! I used to live in Rose Lane, parents still do!

Elle xx

Hi griggsy, tell me about it!

We are in no rush..not because we don't want to go, but because we just want to make sure everything is done right..no going back and all that.

We hope to be going to Adelaide, but to be honest, wifey keeps blowing hot and cold so it's probably more likely we'll end up divorced!! lol

she's a nurse, so no probs there, but my job as an electrical designer...well, seems we won't know til we get there..which i guess is her worry. Can't blame her really, three kids to feed and all that.

By all means keep in touch...and good luck!

sluggy

Hello there...just wanted to say Hi and that we are from Biggleswade too...so many of us leaving this area......small wonder really....cos its a dump!!!!

We are heading to Wollongong south of sydney..

we went over at Christmas and by pure change met some new friends, one whom we have never met before..used to live in Biggleswade too ...how weird is that????

Guest donovan

Hiya Sluggy my mother & father in law live in Bedmond Road Pimlico, right next to the swan pub, and my husband used to go to Parmiters, small world eh

Sarah x

Hi all!

I lived in Kempston and Bedford town from the age of 9 up until I was 30 so not born there, but longest place I ever lived (so far) so consider myself a Bedfordian! I miss it a bit (especially as Dudley is not a great place to live and my accent stands out here!!)

My sis and family still live there, but been living in the West Mids now for 6 years - met hubby here so daughter doesn't know if she's having a 'barth' or a 'bath'!!:biglaugh:

We can't wait to start our new life in Oz ! Good luck to everyone x

Hi all!

I lived in Kempston and Bedford town from the age of 9 up until I was 30 so not born there, but longest place I ever lived (so far) so consider myself a Bedfordian! I miss it a bit (especially as Dudley is not a great place to live and my accent stands out here!!)

My sis and family still live there, but been living in the West Mids now for 6 years - met hubby here so daughter doesn't know if she's having a 'barth' or a 'bath'!!:biglaugh:

We can't wait to start our new life in Oz ! Good luck to everyone x

Hi Dons,

Where did you live in Kempston/Bedford? What school did you go to? The wife, kids and I lived in Hillgrounds until August 2007. Now residing on the Gold Coast. I am true Bedfordian and have lived in Kempston all my life apart from one year travelling Oz back in 1990/91. Wifey comes from Kettering. So I say barth, brarnch and glarss. But the wife doesn't speak properly and keeps forgetting to put the 'R's in her words and says bath, branch and glass!!

Archived