Herts/Beds/Bucks meet up!

Know it very well Donovan..good food and stuff for the kids to play on!

Must say, not a bad area to live as areas go..it's this country and the way things are heading (and I DONT mean the immigration issue...more the financial side of things - can't see how my kids are going to be able to live here, get mortgages, get jobs, etc)

Just want to try something new is all.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Dons,

Where did you live in Kempston/Bedford? What school did you go to? The wife, kids and I lived in Hillgrounds until August 2007. Now residing on the Gold Coast. I am true Bedfordian and have lived in Kempston all my life apart from one year travelling Oz back in 1990/91. Wifey comes from Kettering. So I say barth, brarnch and glarss. But the wife doesn't speak properly and keeps forgetting to put the 'R's in her words and says bath, branch and glass!!

Hi Gazzer

we lived in the High Street, Kempston - went to Robert Bruce (loved it), then Hastingsbury Upper (Hated it!) What about you? How strange would it be if we were in the same class?!!! I'm 37 this March.

Hubby calls me a cockeney as all people from down south must be pearly kings or queens and play the 'joanna'! But that's ok, I just call him a brummie!! (He's from Wolverhampton so it's the same kind of thing!):biglaugh:

Guest graham$nic
Hello there...just wanted to say Hi and that we are from Biggleswade too...so many of us leaving this area......small wonder really....cos its a dump!!!!

We are heading to Wollongong south of sydney..

we went over at Christmas and by pure change met some new friends, one whom we have never met before..used to live in Biggleswade too ...how weird is that????

Hi guy's we are on the central coast in nsw so maybe we could all have meet up once everyone is over? nic xxxx

Hi guy's we are on the central coast in nsw so maybe we could all have meet up once everyone is over? nic xxxx

Hi Graham&nic, Are you originally from Biggleswade? ie: did you go to school there?

I was brought up there from the age of 1 yr and went to Lawnside, Rose lane school, Edward peake and stratton upper. Mum and dad still live in the town. Hear you know Tracy we have met up have had a cuppa and a natter having met on PIO.

Definatley will have to meet if possible when we are over.

Alison x

In MK and am up for a meet, that is obviously if the OH isn't whisked away for an immediate start with a Job in Brisbane paying double what he is earning here and all moving costs included.:cute:

Guest Scardycat
In MK and am up for a meet, that is obviously if the OH isn't whisked away for an immediate start with a Job in Brisbane paying double what he is earning here and all moving costs included.:cute:

Oh!!!, he told you about it then, thought he was keeping it as a big surprise:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hi any PIO members live in Herts, Beds, Bucks or surrounds that would be interested in meeting up for a meal/drink.

Thought it would be fun to meet face to face and invade a pub somewhere!

Anybody interested???

Kind Regards Alison x

Hi all

We live in a village just outside of Hitchin. Would love to get together, is anything planned yet? I'm hoping maybe ny eldest daughter could meet a few friends, she's nearly 12 and needs to meet people who are happy about the move! Hopefully it will rub off!

Guest the ps

Hi Hope2

I have a 12 year old daughter who is really excited about the move. We are headed towards Brisbane area hopefully Redland Bay.

We are going to Essex meet tomorrow but once local one organised will be there !

Brenda:wubclub:

Hi Hope2

I have a 12 year old daughter who is really excited about the move. We are headed towards Brisbane area hopefully Redland Bay.

We are going to Essex meet tomorrow but once local one organised will be there !

:jiggy:Hi Brenda

Thanks for your reply. I won't be at the Essex meet - but will try to make the local one. So it would be great to meet up. Has Heather always been keen or have you had to work on this!

Hi alison

My names Nette and i live just outside biggleswade, I live in Potton with my hubby and 3 kid's.

We are also going to move to the goldcoast, We already have our perm resident's visa's.

Would love to meet up with everyone xx

Guest traybears

HI NETTE,YOUR VERY CLOSE TO US,WE'RE IN SANDY.TRACY.XX.:jiggy:

Hi alison

My names Nette and i live just outside biggleswade, I live in Potton with my hubby and 3 kid's.

We are also going to move to the goldcoast, We already have our perm resident's visa's.

Would love to meet up with everyone xx

Guest the ps

Hi Hope2

I was told by a clairvoyant when Heather was 1 that she would live in Australia ! It really freaked me out and I thought it would be something that she may do as a gap year, never thought I'd do anything like this! A different clairvoyant a few years later also said that me or my family would live in oz but I assumed it was Heather.

Never told her any of this but from an early age she has always talked about Australia, the wild life etc and when we told her last year we wanted to go she was so pleased apart from missing her friends and luckily she hasn't any doubts, she is very outgoing and does make friends easily. With the internet and skype she will keep in touch if shes not too busy !!:jiggy:

Im sure your daughter will love it just keep listing the positives and I have also encouraged Heather to look at school websites and places where we plan to go to keep the enthusiasm up !

Hopefully we will meet up soon

Guest traybears

HI NETTE,I'VE PM'D YOU.TRACY.XX.

Hi tracey, I use to live in Banks Drive Sandy, I also have family in sandy, Did you go to sandy upper.

Small world, Where in OZ do you want to live Love Nette xx

Hi Guys, Thanks very much for all you interest in the Beds/Herts/Bucks meet.

Just to let you all know that i am in the process of sorting out a suitable location for the venue (pub) am trying to make it as fair as possible so everyone is doing a about the same driving. I'll try my best and also make it as easy to find and a direct route as possible.

Am really looking forward to it!!!

We will be to essex meeting tomorrow to see how it's done!!! Only around an hours drive from us.

Let you all know a.s.a.p

Alison x

Guest saralol

Hi

We'd love to meet up too, currently in Brisbane validating our visas but will be back in Milton Keynes just after easter, so hopefully you won't meet before we get back!

Hiya guys,

We used to live in Rushden and arranged a meet last year. We spent a great afternoon on Dunstable Downs. Now the reason I am posting (isn't to gloat that we live in oz already) but to help you out. We were forecast rain for our meet so had a back up plan of meeting at The Highwayman Pub and Carvery (it's also got a hotel/motel type thing attached to it)

If you are travelling from Milton Keynes (South) on the A5 keep going through the major traffic lights in the middle of Dunstable.

If you're coming from London (North) on the A5 and you reach Hartwell Ford then you have passed the Highwayman!!!

The menu was relatively cheap if my memory serves me right and they were quite family friendly. Only downside was I don't remember a play area for the little 'uns.

Whatever you decide we hope you have fun!

Felicity

Guest deanno

Hi everyone we are a family of 6 and hoping to gain a 151 visa. We would love to come to a meet up,please let us know when and where.

Guest forbesy

Gazzer, I'm currently in Kempston, been there 8 years. Have an employment opportunity in Brisbane, so about to embark on the whole process!

Guest Gazzer

Forbesy,

Best of luck with your adventure. What is the employment opportunity?

If you have any questions about the process or living in Australia I am more than happy to try and answer any queries.

Guest sanders family

Hi we would love to come to the meet up we are in kempston bedford hoping to go to melbourne on 175 visa please let us know when and where, We are a family of 5 and would love to hear and talk about how everyone feels about this journey we are a taking!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest YellowGecko

Hehe.. I am from near Arlesey as well, but now on GC, near where Gibbsy is, near Hellesville, I mean Helensvale.

I still listen to BBC Three Counties radio, streaming thru the interweb though.

Archived