Applying for a Skilled Independent (subclass 189) VISA

nickpma

Hello,

Recently I did some research on which VISA would be the best option to be able to live and work in Australia for a longer period of time.

My situation and points:

Nationality: Dutch

Age 29 years: 30 points

IELTS score 7: 10 points

5 Years work experience: 10 points

IT Diploma; 15 points

TOTAL: 65 points

My function is on the SOL list (Systems Analyst).

The cost for the VISA:

• Medical examination: 430 AUD
  • VISA: 3060AUD
  • ACS Skills : 450 AUD
  • IELTS test 186 EUR
  • + translations+ other costs

Is there anyone who has been applying for a 189 VISA? Preferable with a comparable personal situation.

And I was wondering if it's possible to apply for a 189 VISA without a migration agent...or is it wiser to do get an agent?

And some other questions:

• Based on the given information, what do yo think my chances are?
  • Do you need 5 years of work experience when you apply, or when the decision is being made (got 4,5 years now)?
  • If you don't score enough points on the IELTS test, can you do the test again?

I hope someone has some experience with applying for a 189 VISA and can help me a little bit.

An IT Diploma isn't 15 points its 10.

You need 5 years at the time of invitation, you also need to make sure the 5 years is post qualification. i.e. if you got your diploma 2 years ago you have 2 years experience.

Hope that makes sense.

An IT Diploma isn't 15 points its 10.

You need 5 years at the time of invitation, you also need to make sure the 5 years is post qualification. i.e. if you got your diploma 2 years ago you have 2 years experience.

Hope that makes sense.

I just checked their website:

[TABLE=width: 2]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #FFF8F8]At least a Bachelor degree, including a Bachelor degree with Honours or Masters, from an Australian educational institution or other degree of a recognised standard[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #FFF8F8]15

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I have a bachelor Business Administration & Information Technology diploma. That should be the same.

And what exactly is the time of invitation? That's the time I apply via SkillSelect?

Thanks for your quick reply!

I just checked their website:

I have a bachelor Business Administration & Information Technology diploma. That should be the same.

And what exactly is the time of invitation? That's the time I apply via SkillSelect?

Thanks for your quick reply!

Its the time at which you are invited to lodge an application.

If you have a Bachelor Degree then you are correct, if its to a recognised standard you should get 15 points.

Originally you said IT Diploma; 15 points

An IT Diploma will be 10 points.

Archived