Looking for Sponsorship/ Apprentiship work

Hi Folk

My Names Andrew and i would like to join you guys out there in Australia, can anyone help me please.

I want to move out asap but it's really tricky i don't have a trade but i'm only 21 i can still learn one and im very open to doing so.

If not do you know of anyone needing a labourer iv done lots of things before on site i have a css card here in the uk i'm fit and strong ready to work.

I'v got 9 Gcse's i'm not stupid and im good with computers and i'v done really well in retail but it's not me. I prefer to work with my hands but anything i can take to get out there i guess i will have to. I love the sea too im starting my Padi course this weekend should be fun.

any help would be appreciated thank you

Andrew

I have moved this thread as the forum Job Vacancis is for just that, Jobs that are Vacant.

I suggest you look at the immigration site and see if you are qualified to do any of the jobs that have been listed and you have the points needed to migrate.

Employers in Australia are going to offer training and apprenticeships to Australian's, not try to sponsor someone from overseas which would be close to impossible (if not impossible). I think your only chance would be to get a WHV, but this will give you at most two years and it is unlikely to provide any career advancement as you have some work restrictions.

Your best bet is a WHV (working holiday visa) which lasts for 12 months with the possibility of a second year if you work in rural settings for a few months. However, unless you get a serious trade or other qualification under your belt, the chances of you getting a visa are zero. You won't pick up a traineeship or apprenticeship because you have to have permanent residency at least. Have a holiday now but bend your mind to getting a trade/degree if you want anything more than a working holiday

Agree with the others. The working holiday visa is good, but as you don't already have a trade you will have no choice but to leave at the end of it. You could train in oz, but you are looking at paying at least $13k a year for a couple of years, and having your hours of work limited to 20 per week.

I would train in the uk and look at coming in a few years.

Archived