Confused how you can have visa granted without custody court order???????

Redski26

I am so confused after reading alot of the posts on custody cases regarding taking your child to Oz. I am currently awaiting a court date to go to court as my ex is refusing to sign the paperwork. I am now super worried as I received my invitation yesterday to apply for my 189 and only have 60 days to apply. What if my court case is not solved by the 60 day window? How can I gor forward and apply for visa if I do not have the court order as I cannot provide the "custody" paperwork they will require? Has anyone else had this experience? Should I go ahead and apply for visa and hope by time it is being assessed I will be further down the line or do you think I will have came this far and will run out of the 6o day window they will reject my application? I see on here people waiting on court cases but visas granted?????? How can that be?????? My son's father IS on the birth certificate but we were not married and his father does not see him at all (his choice) for 5 years now since he was 6 months old. Pleaseee help.....................:-(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived