Please Help!Really serious confusion with visa 190

Manish Mirani

​I would be grateful if you can throw the light on my situation.I am really very confused

I have following situation

60 points for subclass 189 including work experience

65 point for visa subclass 190 including 5 points for work ex

60 points for 190 subclass without work experience.

I have work experience of little over 3 years.

1. My current job- I have all the documents including ref letter,exp letter,tax documents,bank statement etc

2. My previous job –Employment period was 9 months and I only have reference letter and salary certificate.This certificate has a typing error at one digit in date which changes its years to 2010 instead of 2011.Further,that company was very big and on verification I am sure HR wont be able to recall me soon as people keep on changing at such construction companies.During this job I was in head office for project planning during which 5 months salary I had received in bank while I received in cash when at site.

In order not to get in to trouble of getting the more evidence for my 1st job ,

Would it be possible to for 190 with 60 points?without claiming the 5 points of work experience?

If so,then do I need to show 3 years of experience for state nomination??

Further with engineers Australia I am thinking of getting skills assessment of 3 years including my previous job as engineer Australia just needs reference letters.Will that be ok?

Thanks in advance

Would it be possible to for 190 with 60 points?without claiming the 5 points of work experience?

Yes, you can apply for that visa with 60 points, it does not make a difference as whether you get invited depends on state, not on your points.

If so,then do I need to show 3 years of experience for state nomination??

What state do you plan to apply for nomination? If there is a requirement like that on their list (for example Vic required some years of experience), then you might be asked to provide some evidence. But in my opinion, this evidence does not have to be as strong as for DIAC. Any type of reference letter should be sufficient.

Further with engineers Australia I am thinking of getting skills assessment of 3 years including my previous job as engineer Australia just needs reference letters.Will that be ok?

I am not sure, as I got my assessment from VETASSESS. Just remember that no matter how many years of experience EA assessment gave you, you would still need to prove it to DIAC if you claim points for it. If they decide that the evidence is not enough they will reject your application.

Thanks in advance

Answers in bold. Please notice that these are just my opinions, not an expert advice. Good luck!

• 4 months later...

Dear Everyone i have lodged my visa yesterday.I just now realized i made a typo error in date for work experience.

1.However,i am not claiming points for the same.Kindly advise what to do?Should i wait for the CO and explain it?

2. Also about the dates for previous residence in other countries.I only remember approximate dates.Will it be ok?

Please help

regards,

manish

Dear Everyone i have lodged my visa yesterday.I just now realized i made a typo error in date for work experience.

1.However,i am not claiming points for the same.Kindly advise what to do?Should i wait for the CO and explain it?

2. Also about the dates for previous residence in other countries.I only remember approximate dates.Will it be ok?

Please help

regards,

manish

Hi Manish

I think you need the advice of an expert, I would suggest you contact a migration agent, as I remember being told any typo errors can be serious as the CO doesnt know its a typo and will accept it as exact.

All information must be accurate and re your dates of living elsewhere its important to be very clear.

I'm sorry that I have no actual advice just suggestions....Good Luck x

Please help

regards,

manish

Hi,

The typo is not a problem - just fill form 1023 (information on incorrect answers or something like that) and submit it to you CO (or upload in visa application if no CO).

If you have the exact dates somewhere (for example you left the country and your passport was stamped, you have a registration documents or rental contracts) it would be good to look for exact dates. If not (for example I moved from my parents to my fiance's apartment and haven't changed the address anywhere), just put some approximate dates. My CO never requested any additional information or asked any questions.

And don't worry, you are not the first not the last to make a mistake. As long as it is not to hide some information and it does not affect your points score it won't be a problem!

Answers in bold. Please notice that these are just my opinions, not an expert advice. Good luck!

HI Joanna, you said that "matter how many years of experience EA assessment gave you, you would still need to prove it to DIAC if you claim points for it".

But my agent told me different things. I've got my positive skills assessment from Vetassess based on my 1 year working experience. I was claiming points for 1 year working experience for the 190 visa application too. My agent said based on my positive skills assessment from Vetassess, this proves my 1 year working experience already?

HI Joanna, you said that "matter how many years of experience EA assessment gave you, you would still need to prove it to DIAC if you claim points for it".

But my agent told me different things. I've got my positive skills assessment from Vetassess based on my 1 year working experience. I was claiming points for 1 year working experience for the 190 visa application too. My agent said based on my positive skills assessment from Vetassess, this proves my 1 year working experience already?

Not necessarily. My assessing body acknowledged my 10 years experience but when it went to DIAC my case officer wanted more evidence

You can't claim points for 1 years experience, only for 3 or more... Are you sure you are claiming points for it or just got an assessment based on it? If you are not claiming points, you don't need any documents for visa application.

Hi Joanna,

Thanks for your valuable posts in the forum.Would be glad if you can help me with this.

By the way i have 2.8 years of experience and obviously i have not claimed any points in the EOI.

In the visa application i still have to state 2.8 years experience along with dates.

However, for this question,i should select NO right?:-

Has the applicant been employed overseas in their nominated occupation or a closely related

occupation at a skilled level immediately before lodging this application?

Under this question,if yes is selected there are 3 options 3,5,10 years.

I should select NO in this case right?

Your opinion would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Manish

Hi Joanna,

Thanks for your valuable posts in the forum.Would be glad if you can help me with this.

By the way i have 2.8 years of experience and obviously i have not claimed any points in the EOI.

In the visa application i still have to state 2.8 years experience along with dates.

However, for this question,i should select NO right?:-

Has the applicant been employed overseas in their nominated occupation or a closely related

occupation at a skilled level immediately before lodging this application?

Under this question,if yes is selected there are 3 options 3,5,10 years.

I should select NO in this case right?

Your opinion would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Manish

Yes, I also selected "No" as advised on this forum.

Archived