What next?!

loubeelivvylou

Hi,

just wanted a bit of advice on what we can expect to do next in the visa process? We are hopefully going to perth and hubby is applying as a metal fabricator.

We have done the IELTS and my husband is doing his practical assessment for skills assessment in 2 weeks time.

After that is done and (hopefully?!) passed what do we do next? Do we submit our EOI?!

Im getting confused? The immigration website is confusing to me!

Im sure we can work it out on our own but it would be handy to have other people's versions of what they did?!

we seem to finally be getting somewhere with the process now!

Any replies would be great!

Thanks,

​louise xx

it is best to break this down to bite sized chinks I think.

So yes the first two steps are skills assessment and (usually) IELTS.

If you have 60 points then you can next lodge your EOI. And then you wait for your invitation. And when you get one, you submit an application..

That's what I thought, are the bits we're doing now i.e. skills assess and IELTS what takes the longest?

Don't suppose you can suggest how long roughly it'll take now until the visa is hopefully granted?!

Just really want to get there now!

Thanks

No I don't bother guesstimating these things, too many variables. Australia is not going anywhere, just work your way through it and don't think about length of time, some people get ridiculously stressed about waiting a few weeks. I am sure it is not healthy.

Just a heads up for you incase you claim the wrong points and have trouble in the future, are you aware that your IELTS score is based on your lowest mark so you would be band 7?

Yes thanks, that's why it's confusing.... Why give an overall score if that's not really applicable?!

we know we only get 10 points for that part. Gutting really!

Yes thanks, that's why it's confusing.... Why give an overall score if that's not really applicable?!

we know we only get 10 points for that part. Gutting really!

Nothing to do with your post sorry, but do you realise that your timeline down the bottom says 'submitted online 3rd August 2013'? Should it say 08/03/13 instead?

:biggrin:

Archived