Any one flown with Qatar airline

graham from hull

Hi. I'm just looking at booking my flight to Perth on Sunday 12th may 2013.

Qatar airlines from Manchester to perth £629 return.

has any one flown with them, and what's it like

do they serve beer, as I like a tinny on a plane

I have flown with Qatar admittedly only as far as Muscat via Doha, it was great and yes you will get your tinny on the flight. :D

They are one of the five star airlines so must have something going for them. I have traveled on them a couple of times but in business class, very good service, but not the best business class seat as not fully flat.

• 3 weeks later...

They're great unless you are a female flying unaccompanied! I flew with my daughter (aged 4) & was half way through pregnancy. I am married but hubby couldn't come with us.

The female attendants were nice but very busy, I got dirty looks from male passengers travelling with male children. The toilets were disgusting after a short time in the air. I even had a little cry in my seat after they gave my veggie meal to someone else.

Doha airport was no better. I got a glimpse of the men's loos & thought 'wow!'. Yeah, not so in the ladies! Women were struggling to wash their feet in the sinks before prayers, & it clearly wasn't maintained regularly. I was questioned on the way back as to how pregnant I was as I had 'popped' in Aus. I was begging to be allowed on the plane to go home!

Not the 5 star experience they advertise!

Archived