189 and 190 Visas. Savings required?

Hi folks, We have just applied for state sponsorship through Western Australia. Our case officer has advised that we require a minimum resettlement fund of $30,000 as a couple.

Does anyone know whether a set level of saving is required when applying for a 189 visa? We are trying to keep our options open so have lodged EOI's for both 189 and 190 visas.

Thanks,

Iain and Aline

Hi folks, We have just applied for state sponsorship through Western Australia. Our case officer has advised that we require a minimum resettlement fund of $30,000 as a couple.

Does anyone know whether a set level of saving is required when applying for a 189 visa? We are trying to keep our options open so have lodged EOI's for both 189 and 190 visas.

Thanks,

Iain and Aline

Hi there

How does it work with lodging two EOIs? For instance if you get an invitation to apply for a 190 first and start the application, then what happens when you are offered an application for a 189?

At what point do you pay the fee?

Sorry for all the questions but finally how do you get state sponsorship?

Cheers

Hi there

How does it work with lodging two EOIs? For instance if you get an invitation to apply for a 190 first and start the application, then what happens when you are offered an application for a 189?

At what point do you pay the fee?

Sorry for all the questions but finally how do you get state sponsorship?

Cheers

sineadallen i was looking at this yesterday myself, and from what I can see. Once you have an invitation to apply, your EOI is suspended until you either accept or decline.

You have to apply for state sponsorship direct to the state you wish to live in.

Our EOI for our 190 is now suspended, pending our 189 application. We just wanted to go with whatever will be quickest for us and couldn't believe how quickly it was before we got our invite for 189!! We paid the fee yesterday when we completed our application.

sineadallen i was looking at this yesterday myself, and from what I can see. Once you have an invitation to apply, your EOI is suspended until you either accept or decline.

You have to apply for state sponsorship direct to the state you wish to live in.

Okay thanks. As we really don't know where we want to live the I guess we should apply for the 189 and be patient. Hopefully we'll be as fortunate as the reids!!

TheReids, what's your skilled profession, if you don't mind me asking? I wonder if that affects how quickly you are invited to apply?