Nurses....what happens after you get letter of eligibility??

Benoli

I've got the PR visa and applied to Ahpra a while back. Just waiting (and waiting) for my Letter of Eligibility for Registration and we're heading to Adelaide next month.

When I get to Adelaide, providing I have the letter, how do I go about getting my registration?? Do I just turn up at their office or do I need to make an appointment? Is there anything else I will have to do? do I need to get some sort of police check done?

​Just wondering if there is anything else I'm going to have to do before I'm able to start work....need to be earning asap!!

thanks in advance for any replies x

If you look on their website it lists what you need to do to complete registration basically you need to go along with the letter and your required ID which is different after 6 weeks have passed ie you require more stuff at that point than when just arrived, pretty sure you need to take your job offer if have one. Dependant on when you made application you may also need to pay new set of registration fees. Not sure if there is police check performed I seem to recall reading somewhere there was but can't swear to that but as said all info on website. Have been told it can take up to 2 weeks to be active on register. You would have to check about making appointment in Melbourne I went to speak to them last year to provide copy of job offer to add to application and just dropped in. I will be going next month to finalise it all as well. Good luck :)

Everyone has different experiences on here but most say its straight forward, my friend just turned up, handed in letter in I.D n few days later it was done, no extra checks, no appointment..this is how I'm hoping mine will go!!

If you look on their website it lists what you need to do to complete registration basically you need to go along with the letter and your required ID which is different after 6 weeks have passed ie you require more stuff at that point than when just arrived, pretty sure you need to take your job offer if have one. Dependant on when you made application you may also need to pay new set of registration fees. Not sure if there is police check performed I seem to recall reading somewhere there was but can't swear to that but as said all info on website. Have been told it can take up to 2 weeks to be active on register. You would have to check about making appointment in Melbourne I went to speak to them last year to provide copy of job offer to add to application and just dropped in. I will be going next month to finalise it all as well. Good luck :)

I've just sent off my application a few weeks ago so shouldn't need to pay again. Not sure why I need to go to Melbourne when they have an office in Adelaide. I'll be hitting the Adelaide office as soon after I arrive as I can......thanks for taking the time to reply and good luck! x

Everyone has different experiences on here but most say its straight forward, my friend just turned up, handed in letter in I.D n few days later it was done, no extra checks, no appointment..this is how I'm hoping mine will go!!

I think they do their own police check when you go but not as in extra paperwork for us...ahpra has been good to me so far, hope it will last..

thanks lorna hopefully I have as straightforward an experience as your friend!

I've just sent off my application a few weeks ago so shouldn't need to pay again. Not sure why I need to go to Melbourne when they have an office in Adelaide. I'll be hitting the Adelaide office as soon after I arrive as I can......thanks for taking the time to reply and good luck! x

Sorry poor grammar didn't mean you would have to check about making appointment in Melbourne. I meant you would have to check about if needed appointment in Adelaide- in Melbourne I was just able to drop in.

Sorry poor grammar didn't mean you would have to check about making appointment in Melbourne. I meant you would have to check about if needed appointment in Adelaide- in Melbourne I was just able to drop in.

ah that makes sense lol yes think I'll ring them just before I go over and make an appointment if needed x

Guest genorm

Have you got a job in Adelaide?

ah that makes sense lol yes think I'll ring them just before I go over and make an appointment if needed x

I've been reading posts from 2012 stating you have to have a job offer to complete AHPRA registration, is this still the case?

I'll also most likely be heading for adelaide on a PR visa, I'll have my letter of eligibility but won't have a job when I arrive so does that mean I can't complete registration? x

No dont need job offer but if you do apparently it speeds up the Ahpra process

We were told by 2 different customer service reps that 1) need a job offer, 2) don`t need a job offer. The last guy sent us an email in writing that he confirmed with his manager that we DON`T need a job offer :biggrin:. As everywhere, depends on people I guess. If you run into any problem, ask to speak to a supervisor.

We were told by 2 different customer service reps that 1) need a job offer, 2) don`t need a job offer. The last guy sent us an email in writing that he confirmed with his manager that we DON`T need a job offer :biggrin:. As everywhere, depends on people I guess. If you run into any problem, ask to speak to a supervisor.

Absolutely!

I queried this as how can you get a job without registration??

I was then granted provisional registration and given a year to turn up and produce I.D.

Archived