190 visa info

Hi all,

I'm wondering if someone can help I'm thinking of going for state sponsorship with WA as a carpenter, now if I pass my tech interview I will be on 50 points, my wife is a hairdresser which also seems to be on schedule 1 for WA so if we were to get her skills assessed could I claim 5 points for that and finally the last five points of WA to achieve 60 points.

​cheers Chris

Hi all,

I'm wondering if someone can help I'm thinking of going for state sponsorship with WA as a carpenter, now if I pass my tech interview I will be on 50 points, my wife is a hairdresser which also seems to be on schedule 1 for WA so if we were to get her skills assessed could I claim 5 points for that and finally the last five points of WA to achieve 60 points.

​cheers Chris

Yes, you can claim. The total points should be 60 or more.

Regards.

Does it make any difference to the OP that Carpenter is on Schedule 1, and Hairdresser is on Schedule 2? Is it fine because they are both on the CSOL? Just checking!

No, it should not make any difference since your skills will be assessed separately by different assessment agencies. Just make sure the state where you will be seeking sponsorship from should be open to sponsor both the skills.

Regards.

Hi Del70 both trades are on schedule 1 for WA state sponsorship...

I was talking about the DIAC lists (SOL and CSOL), where Carpenter's on Schedule 1 of the CSOL, and Hairdresser's on Schedule 2 of the CSOL. Under the requirements of Partner Skills, it says

a positive skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for your partner’s nominated occupation (your partner’s nominated occupation must be on the same Skilled Occupation List as your nominated occupation).

I'm sure it's fine, as they are both on the CSOL, but I question everything!!

We are doing Partner Skills points too, but both our jobs are the same, so it was a bit simpler! :biggrin:

Hi Del70 both trades are on schedule 1 for WA state sponsorship...

There is no such thing or if WA do use that terminology it is not relevant.

​For partner points your occupations need to be in the same schedule of the DIAC skilled occupation lists. They are not, so partner points is not an option for you. However I have just seen your other thread and note you don't have IELTS in your points score, you need to do this, most people do these days to have enough points.

Does it make any difference to the OP that Carpenter is on Schedule 1, and Hairdresser is on Schedule 2? Is it fine because they are both on the CSOL? Just checking!

Yes it makes all the difference, see above.

Hi Rupert thanks for you're replies, as WA are offering state sponsorship for both trades on the same list I thought it was worth a shout, but hey no worries Ielts it is :(

Hi chriscici,

All these rules and lists and schedules are confusing, especially when you start off! I question everything, but it's better than getting things wrong and wasting money! This forum has been a great help to me.

Good luck with the IELTS. Just get some practice in before hand - there's lots of practice material available online and in books.

Good luck with everything! :biggrin:

Hi Rupert thanks for you're replies, as WA are offering state sponsorship for both trades on the same list I thought it was worth a shout, but hey no worries Ielts it is :(

It is not the WA list that matters, remember that WA are not going to be issuing the visa, they are only sponsoring the application.

Hi guys,

Quick question (sorry to bomb your thread Chris).

Does having more points give you priority when submitting an EOI, for example someone with 60 points stands less chance than someone with 75? Or is it based on first come first served as long as you have 60 or more?

Hi guys,

Does having more points give you priority when submitting an EOI, for example someone with 60 points stands less chance than someone with 75? Or is it based on first come first served as long as you have 60 or more?

75 points trumps 60 no matter when the individuals applied.

Lou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

For a 190 visa it makes no difference.

Archived