Your shipping quotes?

bwatt99

Hey guys in the process of getting quotes for my shipping to australia on a 20ft container,i was wondering if anyone on here has been through this recently and if so what thee best quotes was,i know there are many reasons why one quote can be more or less than another persons quotes but just wanted an idea.

To date crown came first and they was quick said that afternoon what it be £4826,i have since had white and company who has just got back to me £4479 and im waiting for pickfords to get back to me today hopefully on a price.

I have heard stories about whites in damages etc and i then have heard about crown also,i feel crown is maybe the best out of the two but then im dont know this,i have not even haggled with any yet.

Thes both include customs fees over in oz or should i say this is door to to door prices.

There is one other company thats coming next week but i have read they are really expensive but i will have them come anyway and one company said they not sure when as they need to check when someone is in scotland,There are other companys that just cant come cause they are based too far away and said get a local quote with volume and they give a price,this is not easy as my stuff is in storage and really they have not said what volume just said it be tight with a 20ft and maybe need to be prepared to leave stuff behind.

I would like to know of these two who you have used your experience and who you would pick,and who knows i may even be able to get crown to match,would be the ones to go with.

I am also considering a 40ft container as i have extra items i could take and wanted to know what your quotes was on this,this is a maybe right now,but maybe an options i could go for,so nothing is left behind.

Companies that would not come for a vsurvey was:

brittania

john mason.

anglo

pss may have someone in scotland but not sure.

I just feel that if they dont come to do a survey then they are not worth considering,whats your thoughts

We have had 3 quotes for far. Move Cube from Seven Seas - £980. 20ft container self pack Anglo Pacific £3200 and 20 ft container self pack from DFD Shipping £1950. These prices are based on Kent-Freemantle.

I have also spoken to Doree Bonner and I liked the sound of the guy. We are currently in Spain so are packing ourselves and then transporting the items to Kent, where they will be shipped to Freemantle. All of the companies that I have spoken to have said they would be more than happy to come and see our goods in storage in Kent before we booked with them.

I think a company should visit your property and evaluate how much space you will need. After all, they are the experts. We are using a storage company here in Spain and we have been to visit their warehouse already. The warehouse manager has still said he wants to come to our property once we are packed up to see how much we have even though we have told them we want to use their services.

Good Luck.

Hi

Not sure where you are in Scotland. I moved down south with J'Pak in Lanarkshire and they were amazing! I have had a quote from them for moving to Aus I'm not sure if it is competitive as they are my first quote! I have White and Co coming out on Friday. I would give them a buzz they are good. I am not sure if I am allowed to put contact details on the post so I will PM you them

Carol

Hey guys in the process of getting quotes for my shipping to australia on a 20ft container,i was wondering if anyone on here has been through this recently and if so what thee best quotes was,i know there are many reasons why one quote can be more or less than another persons quotes but just wanted an idea.

To date crown came first and they was quick said that afternoon what it be £4826,i have since had white and company who has just got back to me £4479 and im waiting for pickfords to get back to me today hopefully on a price.

I have heard stories about whites in damages etc and i then have heard about crown also,i feel crown is maybe the best out of the two but then im dont know this,i have not even haggled with any yet.

Thes both include customs fees over in oz or should i say this is door to to door prices.

There is one other company thats coming next week but i have read they are really expensive but i will have them come anyway and one company said they not sure when as they need to check when someone is in scotland,There are other companys that just cant come cause they are based too far away and said get a local quote with volume and they give a price,this is not easy as my stuff is in storage and really they have not said what volume just said it be tight with a 20ft and maybe need to be prepared to leave stuff behind.

I would like to know of these two who you have used your experience and who you would pick,and who knows i may even be able to get crown to match,would be the ones to go with.

I am also considering a 40ft container as i have extra items i could take and wanted to know what your quotes was on this,this is a maybe right now,but maybe an options i could go for,so nothing is left behind.

Companies that would not come for a vsurvey was:

brittania

john mason.

anglo

pss may have someone in scotland but not sure.

I just feel that if they dont come to do a survey then they are not worth considering,whats your thoughts

We're Scotland to Sydney and are paying around £4200 excluding AQIS fees but including 60 days storage on arrival. Most quotes we got were around this price give or take a couple of hundred.

We chose the company as we used them before and were fairly happy with them.

Hope this helps.

​A

We have had 3 quotes for far. Move Cube from Seven Seas - £980. 20ft container self pack Anglo Pacific £3200 and 20 ft container self pack from DFD Shipping £1950. These prices are based on Kent-Freemantle.

I have also spoken to Doree Bonner and I liked the sound of the guy. We are currently in Spain so are packing ourselves and then transporting the items to Kent, where they will be shipped to Freemantle. All of the companies that I have spoken to have said they would be more than happy to come and see our goods in storage in Kent before we booked with them.

I think a company should visit your property and evaluate how much space you will need. After all, they are the experts. We are using a storage company here in Spain and we have been to visit their warehouse already. The warehouse manager has still said he wants to come to our property once we are packed up to see how much we have even though we have told them we want to use their services.

Good Luck.

Did Dorree Bonner offer you self pack? I have seen posts that they do but I spoke to them today and man said they didn't and gave a big spiel about how it's not good idea etc etc then gave me ball park figure of 3.8 - 4.3k for full service 20ft

Just to update you, I have the following quotes now and will be making our decision on who to use shortly.

Worldship Shipping - 2700

Anglo Pacific - 4190

Hunts International - 2950

Doree Bonner 3850

IMove International 2950

White & Co 2450

Global Moving Services 3650

These are based on 20ft sole use container (self pack), Kent to Perth (door to door service). I have said to them that we are already wrapped to AQIS standards. I contacted John Mason, but they have never come back to me.

Just to update you, I have the following quotes now and will be making our decision on who to use shortly.

Worldship Shipping - 2700

Anglo Pacific - 4190

Hunts International - 2950

Doree Bonner 3850

IMove International 2950

White & Co 2450

Global Moving Services 3650

These are based on 20ft sole use container (self pack), Kent to Perth (door to door service). I have said to them that we are already wrapped to AQIS standards. I contacted John Mason, but they have never come back to me.

Some really big differences in those quotes! Would be interesting to know if there are any hidden add ons or if they are all inclusive of inspection fees etc and what are others experiences of these shippers like?

Lou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some really big differences in those quotes! Would be interesting to know if there are any hidden add ons or if they are all inclusive of inspection fees etc and what are others experiences of these shippers like?

Lou

I have gone through the information that they have sent and tbh they have quoted and included the same services and costs. I am amazed at the difference. They are not inclusive of quarantine fees, but I am not expecting them to include these. If they did, I would be concerned as no one really knows what they will be until the container is opened and inspected. My dilemma now is to who to choose. When my OH gets a chance I will ask him to read through. I have done all the organising so far, so am hoping "fresh eyes" will spot something and make the decision easier.

I have gone through the information that they have sent and tbh they have quoted and included the same services and costs. I am amazed at the difference. They are not inclusive of quarantine fees, but I am not expecting them to include these. If they did, I would be concerned as no one really knows what they will be until the container is opened and inspected. My dilemma now is to who to choose. When my OH gets a chance I will ask him to read through. I have done all the organising so far, so am hoping "fresh eyes" will spot something and make the decision easier.

Did you read the thread or get pm on the rogue company? Just don't want you to be ripped off.

Lou

Did you read the thread or get pm on the rogue company? Just don't want you to be ripped off.

Lou

I got the PM on the rogue company, not going with them, too expensive and once I had read what had happened to another PIO member, they were "off the list".

I got the PM on the rogue company, not going with them, too expensive and once I had read what had happened to another PIO member, they were "off the list".

Can I make a "me too" request for a PM on the rogue company? I'm also going through this process (London - Sydney in my case).

Thanks.

Worldship Shipping seem to have quoted a good price but I can't seem to find them with a Google-search (unless they really are the UPS service that comes up). Do you have a link so I can add them to my list?

Thanks, Dave.

Another 'me too' requested! Please could you PM the rogue company? I will be confirming our shipping company tomorrow! Just worried now that our chosen company was the dodgy one!!!!! Thanks in advance

Guest glilly65

[h=2]Moving Home back to oz[/h]

I am moving back to OZ next month and am looking for some help, i have been quoted £2950.00 door to door for my container from a company and an extra 850.00 for my car but i have to pick it up from the port. They supply boxes also. Please can i have your opinion on this???

Would very much appreciate it. :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

Hi,

currently getting quotes on 20ft. Could someone please also PM me the rogue company. Thanks in advance !

Archived