Got my Visa & flight booked!!

ghostgirl

Yeah was that the 'best job in the world' thing?? I'd love to work with animals but I think they'd take one look at my fake nails & false eyelashes and tell me to jog on haha. I'm not surprised that Brits made the short list, I bet loads applied everyone seems desperate to leave this place.

Yeah thats the one! There definitely seems to be a lot of people under 30 going on whv's, its probably always been the same but i just didnt notice it till i signed up on here. I had never known anybody who had went on one other than one member or family but now everybody around where i live seems to be doing it or at least thinking of doing it! Think they just want to escape for a year or two and see a bit more

• 2 weeks later...
I only know a couple of people who have done it, I love where I live (York) I'm just dying for a change!! I'm 22, I reckon most people will be younger and on gap years etc. I didn't go to uni!

oh York! I wondered where u were from in Yorkshire...oh I do miss that place! I'm from Scarborough and if I return I would love to move back to York. Went back and stayed over night in York few months back..was dead on the Friday night...is that normal? I mean like 10 ppl out.

Anycase, you should go up the east coast, I did 13 years ago when I was about your age..did some of it by myself, and some with people who I kind of knew from Scarborough. I had the best time, Byron bay, Brisbane, airlie beach, Hamilton island, cairns etc...but based myself in Sydney. I don't drink, but it doesn't bother me when ppl around me do. I would advise you don't just stay in Sydney..get out and explore, it's amazing how you find the confidence to do so. Enjoy x

I think I'll wanna stick with the older crowd, just can't keep up with student style drinking!

I was 28 when I got my first WHV! There was a few of us - although I liked to hang out with the youngsters ;). They couldn't keep up with me!!

oh York! I wondered where u were from in Yorkshire...oh I do miss that place! I'm from Scarborough and if I return I would love to move back to York. Went back and stayed over night in York few months back..was dead on the Friday night...is that normal? I mean like 10 ppl out.

Anycase, you should go up the east coast, I did 13 years ago when I was about your age..did some of it by myself, and some with people who I kind of knew from Scarborough. I had the best time, Byron bay, Brisbane, airlie beach, Hamilton island, cairns etc...but based myself in Sydney. I don't drink, but it doesn't bother me when ppl around me do. I would advise you don't just stay in Sydney..get out and explore, it's amazing how you find the confidence to do so. Enjoy x

I'm actually Northern Irish! Been living here for 6 years though, it's a beautiful place I just need to get away. York is funny on nights out, sometimes so busy you can't move, sometimes so dead places shut early I don't understand it! I think I will stay in Sydney for a year then try get my second year Visa & travel around then, I'll definitely be heading to NZ at some point as I have friends there! I am so excited I can't sleep, 30 days to go!!!

• 1 month later...
Hey! Think I am gonna 'settle' in Sydney, not really a typical backpacker I'm afraid! I've never been out of Europe before but I feel drawn to Sydney because of all the amazing things I've heard about it!!

Hi ghostgirl!

Im planning on doing the exact same, only a few months after you (will land in Sydney first week of Oct) I'm going to settle in Sydney too. I really hope it works out for you and if you have any advice for me (settling in/finding an apartshare...etc) I'd really appreciate it!

Good luck!

I'm actually Northern Irish! Been living here for 6 years though, it's a beautiful place I just need to get away. York is funny on nights out, sometimes so busy you can't move, sometimes so dead places shut early I don't understand it! I think I will stay in Sydney for a year then try get my second year Visa & travel around then, I'll definitely be heading to NZ at some point as I have friends there! I am so excited I can't sleep, 30 days to go!!!

If my quick calculations are right, you will be in Oz now!? Let us know how you are getting on...I can meet up with you one weekend if you get bored. :-) enjoy.

If my quick calculations are right, you will be in Oz now!? Let us know how you are getting on...I can meet up with you one weekend if you get bored. :-) enjoy.

Yes I am!! I've just been drifting around on my own today around George Street China town area, love exploring on my own. Think I'll go to Newtown tomorrow!! Meet up would be ace!! :) xx

Archived