Are white goods provided in rentals?

Ange34

Hi, We have just started getting quotes to ship our stuff to Melbourne. I haven't included my washing machine or dishwasher. Do some rentals have these or would we have to rent them? Don't want to buy anything straight away.....Anyone know? Thanks!

Every property is probably going to different. We are in a property that is let unfurnished, what was here when we took it on was an oven and hob, but they are built in and a dishwasher, which I didn't expect.

personally if in good nick, I would ship everything.

Theres a buoyant 2nd hand market here, if you need/want to sell your stuff later

I haven't seen one that has a washing machine - and they are expensive here, so ship it

OTOH, every one I've seen has had a dishwasher as they are usually fitted so part of the fixtures/fittings rather than stand alone appliances. That doesn't mean it's universal though. I would be inclined not to bring it tbh, as shifting around and temporarily plumbing in dishwashers is a bit of a pain in the backside

Hi, We have just started getting quotes to ship our stuff to Melbourne. I haven't included my washing machine or dishwasher. Do some rentals have these or would we have to rent them? Don't want to buy anything straight away.....Anyone know? Thanks!

Hi - rentals often have dishwashers but not always. They always have an oven. They do not normally have any other electricals (although one of the ones I own has a plasma TV in one room and a home cinema in another - this is pretty rare!)

BB

Archived