Hi all

My partner and I have decided to make the move over to Oz, he is a fully skilled Cabinet Maker and has quite a bit of work experience.

We had a few chats with some agents for some initial advice and they've all suggested we go down the state sponsored route and Cabinet Maker is on the skills list for Victoria, conveniently for us we want to move to Melbourne as my brother and his family live on the mornington peninsula we've holidayed there a few times so have friends etc and some other friends from the uk are also out that way. I don't think we are going to use an agent as from all the advice etc on this forum and that I've found I'm not sure it's worth the cost, has anyone else been down this process recently that can offer some best practice or hints and tips.

I also have a more specific question, OH has over 15 years work experience and also has City and Guilds in furniture craft, he doesn't have his certificates anymore so I've applied for copies however they've asked if we need Part One and Part Two copies or just Part Two, does anyone know if just part two will be sufficient for assessment, surely they would make an assumption that you wouldn't have part one without part two but is there a need to prove the obvious it's £35 a copy so if its not necessary I'd rather not bother as we need to put every penny towards the costs of this process.

Really grateful for any help or advice

thanks

Anna

Archived