Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'cabinet maker'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 5 results

  1. Hi guys, Could anyone help/give any useful contacts, I'm thinking of moving to Melbourne for a late gap year and I'm a bespoke furniture maker and would be in need of a job in the city. Thanks, Tom.
  2. Rachel Kelley

    Reunite with my identical twin

    Hi all, My name is Rachel, Myself and My family currently live in Jersey C.I. My twin sister lives in NSW with her family, We really hope to move over within the next two years and are thinking about QLD as I have four year old twins and I'm under the understanding you don't need to pay school fees there? My Fiancé is a kitchen fitter he's been in the trade for 18 years now and I am training to be a Facilitator for a local family charity. Firstly I would like some advice as to how we can look for someone to sponsor my partner on the 457 visa with the outlook to move to permanent residences after two years. We understand that his job title is the same as a cabinetmaker so were hoping to go down this route. I am also doing a level 3 work with parents diploma and a level 3 cache children and young people's workforce diploma and was hoping to get work as a family support worker. I'm so desperate to move over, I miss my ID twin do much it breaks my heart we both had such a hard time in life and were never separated until her move. Please can someone give me done advice as to the best way to go about looking for a sponsor. My Fiancé has really good references and a portfolio of his work. He's very hardworking and only wants the best for his family. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  3. freaks74

    New Starters

    Hi all My partner and I have decided to make the move over to Oz, he is a fully skilled Cabinet Maker and has quite a bit of work experience. We had a few chats with some agents for some initial advice and they've all suggested we go down the state sponsored route and Cabinet Maker is on the skills list for Victoria, conveniently for us we want to move to Melbourne as my brother and his family live on the mornington peninsula we've holidayed there a few times so have friends etc and some other friends from the uk are also out that way. I don't think we are going to use an agent as from all the advice etc on this forum and that I've found I'm not sure it's worth the cost, has anyone else been down this process recently that can offer some best practice or hints and tips. I also have a more specific question, OH has over 15 years work experience and also has City and Guilds in furniture craft, he doesn't have his certificates anymore so I've applied for copies however they've asked if we need Part One and Part Two copies or just Part Two, does anyone know if just part two will be sufficient for assessment, surely they would make an assumption that you wouldn't have part one without part two but is there a need to prove the obvious it's £35 a copy so if its not necessary I'd rather not bother as we need to put every penny towards the costs of this process. Really grateful for any help or advice thanks Anna
  4. Guest

    Carpenter's wage

    Hi all! Does anybody know how much a Carpenter/Joiner or Cabinet Maker is paid in Oz? :biggrin:
  5. Guest

    TRA Appeal - should we??

    My husband has been a succesful self employed cabinet maker for over 20 years and we sent all the relevant details to TRA to get authorisation from them - he also has a degree in Design and Technology and City & Guilds Certificates in Furniture Making (copies of all qualifications were sent as were reports from customers et cetera) but we were very shocked to find out that he was unsuccesful because after university he had gone straight into being self employed and had not done an apprenticeship. Should we appeal or are all our hopes dashed forever??:arghh: Any advise anyone has would be gratefully received - thank you!