How long does a Subsequent Entrant Visa (489) take to process ? Please HELP!!!

el2baba

Hello,

I have applied for a Subsequent Entrant Visa (489) online for my wife, and the status shows In-Progess. Does this mean the application has been lodged and waiting for a case-officer ? Or it is awaiting for another documents to be uploaded ? Usually how long does this visa process take, anyone with the experience could you please share your views. I have already been granted a Provisional Residence Visa. And I want her to join me in Australia asap.

Could anyone please help me out with their views on this, thank you!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Hi el2baba,

Could you please tell me how much did you pay while subsequent Entrant visa 489 for your wife...i am going to apply for my fiancee...

waiting for your response...thank you in advance...

Hi Wang,

We paid around $3000.

Regards,

el

I am just confused with the question "Is the applicant sponsored by a eligible relative?" I am applying for my husband as my subsequent entrant and I am state sponsored not family sponsored. Can someone help me with this question? Thanks a lot

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have VISA 475 and I am planning to apply Subsequent Entrant VISA 489 for my wife. I need to know couple of things:

What is the fees of this VISA?

What documents I need to submit?

Is IELTS required for her?

How much time will it take to complete the process?

When I will apply for my PR can I put her name as a dependant and will she get the PR also?

I saw on the immi website "Limited number of places" What does that mean?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I have VISA 475 and I am planning to apply Subsequent Entrant VISA 489 for my wife. I need to know couple of things:

What is the fees of this VISA?

What documents I need to submit?

Is IELTS required for her?

How much time will it take to complete the process?

When I will apply for my PR can I put her name as a dependant and will she get the PR also?

I saw on the immi website "Limited number of places" What does that mean?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Most of the information you are seeking is on the DIBP website, or you might want to consider consulting a registered migration agent.

• 2 months later...

Hai,

I have applied for subsequent entrant 489 for my wife on 6oct2013. Our immi account status shows "in progress " for the last three months.. By this feb 6 we complete 4 months aftr submiting application. Is ther anyone who applied in sep 2013 or oct.. Pls advice! As per allocation table co allocated until 14 aug!

• 3 weeks later...

hi , prabin

i applied my wife 489 sub visa on 20 aug 2013 , i pass 4 months already... my calculation says they will update on 3 rd of february . as they said immigration web page will update in late jan but .. its was a week end .. so they will definitely update on monday .. coz i record all the last updates they did .. all update happen on monday. so tmrw is monday .. check the website after 6 pm on 3 rd feb . u applied ur wife visa on 6 th oct so there is 50-50 chance of your file will get allocated .. bcoz if not then they will allocate your wife file on next update ..which will be 1 st week of march ..

i applied on 20 th aug but i m still not sure whether my wife file will be allocate to case officer soon .. i know its very hard to wait when you are living separate with your partner

best of luck

Hi Rahman 12345,

Before reading ur reply , i was very optimistic that my wife will get visa this month (As we applied on 15 Oct 2013).:confused:

As per last update ; till 15August allocation was done.After that almost 1 month passed.still not done with the remaining August days.

Oh Immi guys still enjoying christmas....

hi , prabin

i applied my wife 489 sub visa on 20 aug 2013 , i pass 4 months already... my calculation says they will update on 3 rd of february . as they said immigration web page will update in late jan but .. its was a week end .. so they will definitely update on monday .. coz i record all the last updates they did .. all update happen on monday. so tmrw is monday .. check the website after 6 pm on 3 rd feb . u applied ur wife visa on 6 th oct so there is 50-50 chance of your file will get allocated .. bcoz if not then they will allocate your wife file on next update ..which will be 1 st week of march ..

i applied on 20 th aug but i m still not sure whether my wife file will be allocate to case officer soon .. i know its very hard to wait when you are living separate with your partner

best of luck

Dear Rahman,

Hi,

Do you have any updates about your wife's file? Does a CO allocated? I have a same problem as you, I submitted a SEV-489 on 05-Dec-2013, then I should have create an ImmI account which is done. I have uploaded most of the documents, but Health Exam result and IELTS remains and form-80 remains. It still shows the "In Progress" - "Processing" in the account details. I have 2 questions:

1. What else documents are needed to be gathered and uploaded? related to me or my wife.

2. the lodges before 06-Dec-2013 should have create an ImmI account and transfer every detail by putting the TRN in the account. Now, after all, shall I click on the" Submit" button or it is just submitted as the payment is done and we received the notification Emails?

Thank you my friend

Hai Zeinalabedini,

just fyi, as your status is alrdy in progress you dont have to click on "submit " again. Evnen our status is same.. We are waiting for co sinc 4 months now! Hope to get atlst by march!!! :)

Thanks prabinlisiya for this good guidance. I hope you get your visa as soon as CO wake up and get back to work!

We did the medical test, before allocation of CO, on Saturday the Clinic Doctor will send the results and submit it in our file. Is there any problem to do the medical before CO request? What else documents shall we attach except the recommended and required files? :?

Archived