Where in Sydney should I live?

Londoner76

Hello all,

I am just wondering where would be a good location to live. I will be working in the CBD and I also need to get to the Norwest area at times for meetings?

I love the Manly area but I have heard that this would be a difficult commute.

I was thinking about Neutral Bay or Cremorne, perhaps even Mosman. Would this be reasonable? How hard is it to get to the CBD from Mosman using public transport?

Thanks.

I am not sure what you mean by Norwest, but I can never understand why people would say that Manly is a difficult commute. It is a ferry or a bus, easy peasy. It is also easy peasy to travel between the CBD and the other suburbs you mention.

Rupert,

I won't be going to Bella Vista often, I have been told it will be about once every fortnight, occasionally once a week. So commute into the CBD is more important.

Are there any places that are in the middle of both and are not major traffic hotspots?

Thanks

Not really. Anywhere around between the Norwest area and CBD is a traffic hotspot. However, if you are travelling out to Norwest, you are more likely to miss the traffic as the morning traffic is usually headed into the city. Live where you enjoy because, to be honest, you aren't really going to escape traffic in Sydney!

Rupert,

I won't be going to Bella Vista often, I have been told it will be about once every fortnight, occasionally once a week. So commute into the CBD is more important.

Are there any places that are in the middle of both and are not major traffic hotspots?

Thanks

Rupert,

Thanks

If you are working regular office hours in Sydney CBD then you will have traffic to deal with no matter where you chose, unless you get an apartment in the city and walk to work. Sydney has a lot of traffic and a heavy rush "hour" period.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Mosman and you can catch the bus (from Military Road, numerous stops) or the ferry into the CBD. Mosman has two ferry terminals and it takes about 20 mins to get across the harbour, it is a far nicer commute across the water and past the opera house/bridge than the bus!

In terms of costs a MyMulti1 will set you back $45 for 6 days and will allow you to use the ferry, train or bus as many times as you like in Zone1.

Hope this helps.

Archived