Perth Updates- Day 6

Mushahid

Hi All

Day 6 in Perth

Still relaxing at this resort in Swan Valley with lovely golf courses all around . Lots of vineyards as this is the wine tasting capital . Been to the central business district and other places around Perth .

Took my wife to Midlands Cinemas and watched movie -THE HOST . Nice to be inside and in the cool AC , as weather was Very warm and around 35 Deg C with Sun beating down mercilessly.

After movie ate Pizza at Dominos = $ 11 . All eateries close at 9:30 pm.

Still driving around in my Elantra from BUDGET Rent a Car . Tomorrow I return the car and start to try out the Public Transport .

Unleaded Petrol is $ 1.47 . Found this to be expensive , friends in NZ say , Petrol costs $ 2.15 in Auckland.

Found a New house near Curtin University , Belmont ( Karawara) . Lovely area and nice malls nearby .

UPDATES:

Got my Bank Card and Account Opened at ANB - 239 Murray Street, Perth CBD .

Medicare and TFN Accounts to be opened soon .

Australian Driving License - Require 5 ID Proofs.

a. Passport , b. Credit Card/ ATM Card , c. Utility Bills , d. House Agreement , e. UK DL

Currently I can drive for about 3 months on my UK Driving License .

Total Costs Incurred ( Budget Mode - Economy )

1. Rent for a Month : $ 750 / -

2. Rent A Car: $ 500 /-

3. Food: $ 200 + increasing ( Doner Kebab is $ 10!!-UK Costs about 5 Pounds Max in Paddington)( Indian Restaurants - meals start from $ 20)

4. Petrol costs so far : $ 100 ( We have to return the Rent a Car with Petrol Tank Full )

5. Medicines : $ 40 ( Hayfever ,Itch and Rash Creams , Panadols Etc ) - Weather , Insects and Pollen create problems for sensitive skin

TOTAL : $ 1590/- in 6 Days

Addresses I Needed for Navigation:

1. DIAC : 386 Wellington Street, West Perth

2. ANB Bank: 239 Murray Street, Perth CBD

Cheers

MS

Lovely and informative update...

keep it up mate...

I am planning to move to Perth in June this year. For this move I need your support and as u r in Perth, u can give these answers:

1) In which area of Perth most Asians (indians or pakistanis) live?

2) Will I be able to secure a home for my family within a month time of arrival (on rent for one year)?

3) Initially I will be traveling alone and planning to bring my family after one month and during that time I have to secure the home, manage the bank account, Phone etc etc. one month is enough for that??

4) When i am alone will I be able to get some budget accomodation for around one month and where? recommend any place

5) Which areas are more safe to rasie a family with 2 kids? How is kewdale area?

Just anwer what ever you know as it will help

Anybody who is already in Perth now can help and I will appreciate that...

Regards

Fari

All the best for your move .

Regarding the questions , I am still finding out, but as best as I can Answer , here goes :

Bentley , Karawara, Northbridge ,and areas near the Universities, you will be able to find students from Asia and all over . Bustling and safe areas are the ones near Universities.

2) Will I be able to secure a home for my family within a month time of arrival (on rent for one year)?

Housing Real Estate is by Viewing and appointments . Lots of people come to view and you have to be lucky to get a house . Some times references and contacts help.

3) Initially I will be traveling alone and planning to bring my family after one month and during that time I have to secure the home, manage the bank account, Phone etc etc. one month is enough for that??

Yes. I guess 1 month should be enough to get all basic things done . Housing - Cannot be sure. Could be less than a week or more than a month , depends on where you look .

4) When i am alone will I be able to get some budget accomodation for around one month and where? recommend any place

Book before you land in Perth . Search Gumtree or Stayz.com. Maybe you will find good deals for a week or two weeks - short term .

5) Which areas are more safe to rasie a family with 2 kids? How is kewdale area?

Bentley ,kararwara , Bayswater , Joondalup, Fremantle , Subiaco - Areas near Universities are safe and have lot of students wandering all the time . Prettty active places.

Regards

Fari

Mushahid are you sure that $750 is for the whole month? I saw the Oasis website and the prices are around 300 per night?

Thanks for the update!

I found a good deal , originally it was 600 per week , I got it discounted ...Lucky me!!!

I found gumtree and stayz.com helpful.

Cheers

Guest Ptp113
I found a good deal , originally it was 600 per week , I got it discounted ...Lucky me!!!

I found gumtree and stayz.com helpful.

Cheers

Sorry to dissapoint you, but 35C isn't hot.

All the best for your move .

Regarding the questions , I am still finding out, but as best as I can Answer , here goes :

Bentley , Karawara, Northbridge ,and areas near the Universities, you will be able to find students from Asia and all over . Bustling and safe areas are the ones near Universities.

Housing Real Estate is by Viewing and appointments . Lots of people come to view and you have to be lucky to get a house . Some times references and contacts help.

Yes. I guess 1 month should be enough to get all basic things done . Housing - Cannot be sure. Could be less than a week or more than a month , depends on where you look .

Book before you land in Perth . Search Gumtree or Stayz.com. Maybe you will find good deals for a week or two weeks - short term .

Bentley ,kararwara , Bayswater , Joondalup, Fremantle , Subiaco - Areas near Universities are safe and have lot of students wandering all the time . Prettty active places.

Regards

Fari

Dear Mushahid,

Thank you very much for your answer.

It will help me a lot.

You are a star.

Wish you good luck

was going to go an see Buzzcocks tomorrow in Perth but ive broke my toe so probs best if i stay away , are you going pal ?

Didn't know they were coming to Perth ! Thought were just doing the east coast thing. I saw them last time they were here, bloody brilliant. I'm going to look for tix now!