Shipping from Northern Ireland/ Ireland

Lisha

Stress??? What's that now?? lol.....Can't believe we're actually doing it all again too! Money's definately tighter this time around but what we lack in that we've gained experience....and what an experience it'll be haha!

Removals didn't get back to me today but I got a few other wee bits and pieces done so not too bad.

Back to work tomoro so that's me unable to do very much until the beginning of next week, might shove a few things into some packing boxes which are spread about the house!

Who did you get your rental in Clarkson through? We're gonna stay with my sister till we get a rental, not that I want to go back to Ellenbrook but needs must on this occasion I'm afraid.

Probably asked this before but what do you and your hubby work at? Have you got any jobs lined up for when you get over there?

We were thinking of getting the train down to Dublin, I was looking at Translink's website and if I've read it right you can get 4 of us to Dublin for around £35 (Webfare) as long as you book it at least 72 hrs in advance...have you seen it?

I'll get the wine an 'Pure Blondes' on ice for your arrival....reckon you'll need it lol

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I ask who you booked flights with so I have an idea where to start (if I ever get that far) as I will be leaving from n.i. So it useful to see that dublin is cheaper. We flew from there to New York and stayed in hotel night before quite reasonable and got their bus to airport but it was actually walkable :) also keep us updated with removals etc. thanks :)

good luck with move

Aiming sep 2014.will keep wee look out on sky scanner thanks. Just on step one...

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.....

Just had another quote from Pickfords for a suite consisting of a 3 & 2 seater with ottoman and 9 boxes for £1000, the only thing that's putting me off is the 10-14 weeks it takes to get there!

What has everyone else's time frames been for shipping??

Aiming sep 2014.will keep wee look out on sky scanner thanks. Just on step one...

Thats when we are aiming for too. We have done the IELTS and put the skills assessment in 2 weeks ago,have another 10 weeks to go for a decision! Finding the wait hard! We have been talking about going for 6 years and have been getting ready to apply for the past 18 months (We wanted to get married first! :D)

After all the talking and planning now that we have started its very scary and exciting!!!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.....

Just had another quote from Pickfords for a suite consisting of a 3 & 2 seater with ottoman and 9 boxes for £1000, the only thing that's putting me off is the 10-14 weeks it takes to get there!

What has everyone else's time frames been for shipping??

I used Pickfords, part container load. They collected my stuff on 16th May it arrived in Brisbane on 2nd August and is being delivered on 22nd August to my place in Cairns - exactly 14wks. I've been living like a gypsy and it's not fun....really looking forward to Thursday when all my stuff is here. £1000 seems good, I paid

£3400 including insurance for 16 cubic metres.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

I'm from Belfast and emigrating to OZ in November this year and have been recommended http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/

Has anyone used this site?

My fiancee is Australian and she has been in Belfast four years now but think she's fed up with the weather lol! We are initially moving to Adelaide for a while to live with her parents but need to decide between living in Brisbane or Perth, whats your recommendations?

All the best.

Hey,

I'm from Belfast and emigrating to OZ in November this year and have been recommended www.sevenseasworldwide.com/

Has anyone used this site?

My fiancee is Australian and she has been in Belfast four years now but think she's fed up with the weather lol! We are initially moving to Adelaide for a while to live with her parents but need to decide between living in Brisbane or Perth, whats your recommendations?

All the best.

Hi bitza1984,

Never heard of them sorry, I am using McGimpsey's in Bangor. Using them for they did a good job for me on my first move to Oz, and they got my stuff when we came back, so using them again, better the devil you know and all that.

We are leaving for Perth in November, we love Perth think it's great, can't comment on the other states sorry.

Good luck with the move.

Let the adventure begin :biggrin:

Hi guys, please bear with me as I'm on my phone and it's totally crap.

I've tried to write this for the last 3 days lol

Angie that's great that you're getting organised, I'm still in the same situation I was in a few weeks ago.

The only thing that's changed is the amount of ones going now (they keep changing their minds!) Now I'm gonna have to gut the house completely so we can rent it out...oh the hassle!

To the OP sorry can't comment on Brissie but Perth is a pretty quiet place and very family orientated so if you're looking for lots of excitement/citylife I'd give it a miss lol

Oh we cancelled our internet pAckage, hence the phone so now all my kids hAve went into mourning lol

Hi guys, please bear with me as I'm on my phone and it's totally crap.

I've tried to write this for the last 3 days lol

Angie that's great that you're getting organised, I'm still in the same situation I was in a few weeks ago.

The only thing that's changed is the amount of ones going now (they keep changing their minds!) Now I'm gonna have to gut the house completely so we can rent it out...oh the hassle!

To the OP sorry can't comment on Brissie but Perth is a pretty quiet place and very family orientated so if you're looking for lots of excitement/citylife I'd give it a miss lol

Oh we cancelled our internet pAckage, hence the phone so now all my kids hAve went into mourning lol

Oh you are having a time of it then. So is all the kids going now?? Your head must be turned with it all, I know mine is lol.

Will be glad to be on that plane and just chill. Try and keep in touch :biggrin: