Shipping from Northern Ireland/ Ireland

Lisha

Hi People/.....

Can anyone advise or provide contacts for shipping agents from Northern Ireland... Ireland. We are planning to relocate September this year to Perth.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lisha

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Lisha

We're from N.I. too and our first adventure to Perth we used Pickfords and have no complaints with them, my mum used All Route and a lot of her things were broken.

I'm going to use Pickfords again next time around, got a reasonable enough quote too.

Where abouts are you heading too?

Any questions feel free to ask.....

Hi there...

Thanks for the quick response. I will try Pickfords for a quote. Are you not still in Perth? we are planning a move to Perth and this has been on the cards for many a year... financially we couldn't decide how much we realistically needed. But now we are just going to give it a go. I have researched until my fingers are blue and now that we have finally decided to give it a go it seems really unreal. I would love to hear you story if you are back in NI.

Thanks again

Hi there...

Thanks for the quick response. I will try Pickfords for a quote. Are you not still in Perth? we are planning a move to Perth and this has been on the cards for many a year... financially we couldn't decide how much we realistically needed. But now we are just going to give it a go. I have researched until my fingers are blue and now that we have finally decided to give it a go it seems really unreal. I would love to hear you story if you are back in NI.

Thanks again

similar circumstance ourselves but sydney bound. Going for reccie now in April...hope to make mind up ASAP and date to leave...haven't got quote yet will check out pickfords

Hi Lisha

We've been back for 3 years now in sunny Belfast, planning on going out again around August maybe...haven't decided on that yet...could be sooner knowing us!

Just trying to save some money as it is expensive, take everything with you!

What kind of work do you's do? My OH is in the building trade & I set up weddings/events.

Have you's decided on any suburbs?

similar circumstance ourselves but sydney bound. Going for reccie now in April...hope to make mind up ASAP and date to leave...haven't got quote yet will check out pickfords

I also got a quote from McGimpseys, they were more expensive but I'll probably stick to who I dealt with before....We still can't set a date either lol

Well ...

We haven't settled exactly on a specific area but probably up near Edgewater/Woodvale direction... God only knows why! I am a midwife and my hubbie works as a mechanical fitter, he tends to spend much of the working year ( 6-9 months) in England or southern Ireland working and I am at home with the kids. I work 32 hours a week which is 3 long days and it can be busy enough with the kids. We have talked for a long time about moving but as said before neither had the motivation to save or the nerve to move.

Do you have any kids? what areas are you familiar with in Perth..? I would be grateful to hear!

We started of in Alexander Heights, my sister had a rental there so we took it over, kids went to school there (Alinjarra Pr) then we moved up to Ellenbrook, we still kept the kids at the same school as we were only planning on staying there for a year or so....but we ended up staying 4 years due to certain circumstances that were beyond our control....

I know Perth pretty much like the back of my hand as we worked all over. I had friends in Woodvale, it's a nice area and you are pretty handy to everywhere, you've also got Joondalup close too.

We've got 5 kids but only 4 came with us...this time around there's still 4 going with us....can't get rid of them at all lol

You have to look at it as an adventure, just grab it and run with it!

Basically it's work that's taking us out again, there's sod all here and I need to consider our 2 younger boys who are 12 & 15. There's more opportunities there for them.

Are you's selling your house or renting it out?

Your situation sounds as familiar as ours. We have 4 and 1 o nhe way in june! Our eldest lad is 16 and in the middle of gcse so it hasnt been an easy decision. We are going to rent out our house in the mean time and if we decide to stay oong term then we can sell up. It is great to meet someone that has experienced the move. May I ask wot costs u considered also. If u don't mind can I send u a pm or e-mail?

Arrrrgghhhhh... Girls why did you go PM!!! I was reading you posts as we are in the same boat, from west of ireland planning on moving over in Sept, wife's a midwife. We have four kids also, youngest is a week old, I thought we were the only ones who were planning(mad enough) to make the move with a big family.

Arrrrgghhhhh... Girls why did you go PM!!! I was reading you posts as we are in the same boat, from west of ireland planning on moving over in Sept, wife's a midwife. We have four kids also, youngest is a week old, I thought we were the only ones who were planning(mad enough) to make the move with a big family.

Hi there....

sorry for bursting your bubble but didnt want to bore the life outta everyone talking bout the depressing element of moving to Perth! lol! Congratulations on the new arrival... I think that we are all on the mad boat! I have 4 kids and another due in June (crazy or wot?) I am also a midwife ... has your partner organised her registration ? and are you Perth bound?

:wacko:

Hi all, we been back in sunny N,Ireland now for 2 1/2 yrs , moving back to Perth fingers crossed November. We also lived in Ellenbrook then moved to Aveley.

When we first went out we used McGimpseys, they were alot cheaper than pickfords. Got a quote the from McGimpseys for this move and i near fell of me seat lol everything seems to have double in price. Please if you dont mind could I ask what you have been quoted from Pickfords or any other companys. Any help would be great :)

Hi Angie

We're not taking alot of things with us this time so I just got a quote for 10 large boxes : £450..

What made you come back & what's making you move out again?...Do you think you'll head back to Ellenbrook/Aveley?

Hi Guys, I'm getting quotes now for groupage: Co. Down - Cairns - very last minute as I am leaving in less than 5 weeks (spare of the moment decision). I got quotes last June for a PCL and was quoted for 16 cubic meters, we have since decided not to take a few things such as lounge suite and they are now estimating we need 13 cubic meters but the prices have gone up so the quotes are coming in higher than what I got in June for more volume. I have been speaking to pickfords this week and told them what I was quoted and that I refused to pay that and they have come in £500 cheaper than the cheaper one before that. So far they seem really helpful - I have a guy coming out on Monday afternoon to do a survey and give me a formal quote, I'm going to be a busy girl between now and then going through everything trying to figure out what I can do without taking (not easy with kids)!

Hi Angie

We're not taking alot of things with us this time so I just got a quote for 10 large boxes : £450..

What made you come back & what's making you move out again?...Do you think you'll head back to Ellenbrook/Aveley?

We are taking everything with us prob looking at a 20ft container.

My dad had 2 heart attacks, so I wanted to come home., but home now near 3 yrs and we just have not settled back into life here, we really miss Australia, so heading back out and can not wait. It causing some probs with family at the minute saying how its not far hurting them again by taking grand kids away, but thats another story :arghh:.

No not heading back to Ellenbrook, hopefully looking to moving near Ocean Reef , Quinns Rock all that surrounding areas. Dog costing us a alot so trying to keep cost down with household removals lol, had two quotes so far one at £4600 and one at £4100 have someone else coming out on next week also. Oh the stress, but worth it in the end :smile:

Hi OzNic22...at least you've got a date when you're going! That seems to spur you on I reckon lol....wish we had one so I could get on with it, I know it's going to be a blind panic when we do decide! I found Pickfords really helpful too, wish they would come to the house and figure out for me what I'm taking lol

Hi Angie78

We're not heading back to Ellenbroook either, just too far out for us. We've been looking nearer the coast or even Mandurah direction, depends on the work though at the end of the day.

How's your dad now? Is he alot better?

Are the kids looking forward to the move again? Ours are all ok with the whole thing, given their ages. Reckon we need to do it soon before they all start changing their minds! Know what teenagers are like lol

We'd both go right now but trying to save like mad as you know how expensive it is and you never seem to have your hand out of your pocket when you arrive!

​Who was the quote for £4100 from?

HI SadieBacon,

yes dad is doing great now :)

Kids are looking forward to going back, my eldest is 17 so she is trying to get her driving test over her before leaving.

Youngest one is 9 one minute she is excited next she says she does not want to go back, but i know she will fit back in just fine.

That quote was from Pickfords. I have someone from IrishRelo coming out on thursday to give me a quote.

Saving are belt is sooooo tight we near choking lol, but its worth it :)

Hi Angie78...Glad to hear your dads doing great now, I'm sure it was very stressful for you.

Our daughter is also 17....18 in a weeks time, she's also going to do her driving lessons before she goes to Oz (she doesn't know it yet coz it's her birthday present lol)

Do you ever notice when you're trying to save, that a million things hit you at once and need paid...NOW!...Back to square one! lol

Where abouts are you in N.I.?

Thats what we did for her 17th birthday we got her 30 lessons. Fingers crossed she passes before we leave.

We live just outside Newtownards. Have you got a date for moving? Yes i have notice when you start to save everything pops up, school trips etc.

Sold my car last week so that went into the Australia fund, will sell hubbys car nearer the time. Now that we have made the decision to go back to Perth, I feel really unsettled here, i just want to pack up and go now, if only it was that easy lol.

Hi Angie.....I reckon our daughter might have to carry on her lessons out there as we plan on going within the next few months....every time I say that I'm like 'God where do I start' lol...I need a date to put the pressure on!

My OH has just got a new contract so we're gonna wait till that's completed, maybe when he's half way through we'll book some flights and get our asses into gear!

We're a bit like that too, unsettled, some days I can't wait to get out of here and other days work takes over and I just plod on but it's never too far from my mind, no that's a lie...it's never off my mind!

Have you got a date yet?

Where are you gonna stay when you get back over? The holiday rentals are so expensive aren't they.

Hopefully moving over October for us. Not sure where we going to stay when we first arrive :/ Had a look on net at some holiday rentals and yes very expensive. Just so much to do and with us taking the dog we have so much to do to get him sorted.

Think I will need a hair colour in before the big move, for I am sure by the time we ready to go i will have a few greys haha