Anything worth buying to ship back to UK?

iPads. They are cheaper in oz. 400 quid for the new one in uk, I got mine for $520 here in brissie. If your into tablets. I found that stuff cheaper here in oz, as are big screen TVs .They seem to get cheaper and cheaper here. $398 for a 40 inch led LCD, not bad. Then you will have the problem of converting the plugs on them though.

I was going to say Apple products - cheaper at the mo because of the exchange rate. I concur with Lucas Pawpaw ointment, we usually bring some back here as DS goes through it at a rate of knots! This trip I asked DH for tubs of Metamucil (chemists don't seem to have it here!) and the handbag packs of Kleenex wet toilet wipes (have trouble finding the like here). He brought back a pair of Blundstones and some New Balance trainers he particularly likes but which were marginally cheaper there. Otherwise there really isn't anything that springs to mind for me anyway. I came with just a backpack and though he put a few things in the 4 boxes he sent over, I've given most to charity (clothing grown out of) so nothing really springs to mind that I can't get here.

Guest chris955
iPads. They are cheaper in oz. 400 quid for the new one in uk, I got mine for $520 here in brissie. If your into tablets. I found that stuff cheaper here in oz, as are big screen TVs .They seem to get cheaper and cheaper here. $398 for a 40 inch led LCD, not bad. Then you will have the problem of converting the plugs on them though.

I can get an iPad 4 for £340 which at the current exchange rate is $495 so probably not much point in that. TVs are very cheap in Australia, they have come down a huge amount here as well. We got a a 46 inch 3D with 6 pairs of glasses and a Samsung Blu Ray 3D player for under £400.

Chicken salt, yep not seen that anywhere else in the world! Not sure what the UK rules would be on bringing some in - I could see it doing well in chippys! I've had it once on chips and it was pretty tasty but just hoping there was no actually chicken in it as I'm a veggie - it was a mistake and I haven't risked it since, though I'm pretty sure it'll just be flavoring.

I'll need to double check that they are allowed to bring it over for me. Worried i end up being addicted to it and cant get my fix enough lol

Great post, very useful. We are in the process of deciding what to ship back to the UK. Have been doing some costings, and I agree, the only thing that seems to be cheaper here in Oz is the TV! We are taking our drier back too but that's about it for electrical. (I'm lucky my dad is an electrician so he is willing to change the plugs over!). I said to the OH we should take a few Aussie bits back like a didgeridoo!! I'm afraid to say I'm not sure you'll get Chicken Salt in, as we have been told by the shipping company we can't take any of the OH's impressive collection of herbs or spices.... Although has anyone ever had their bag opened going back through UK customs? Anyway, opening up a whole can of worms there so we shall just leave that there I think! Haha!

Damn thats crap! I want some chicken salt! I think i saw it on the internet, wouldnt be suprised if they sent me a tin of something else though lol

Chicken Salt is AMAZING but the most amazing is actually done by KFC which you sadly cannot buy :( You always know a good KFC Employee when you ask them to double salt your chips and they give you a bright understanding smile of acknowledgement :)