Skill Select Subclass 190 Related Questions

rp0032801

Hi All,

I have applied for skill select state sponsorship option 190 with point score of 60 in Jan 2013.

but till now I haven't received any reply from DIAC. I have few questions around this process . Those are as under,

1. Does one need to approach states ? I have seen in some blogs that reaching states has helped some guys to get the visa approved fast ?

Is it so ? If so how can I reach state of my interest ? Can someone update me about how and what I need to do in this situation in detail ?

2.I have seen cutoff marks for each month for skilled nomination independent visa on DIAC portal , but not able to find cutoff marks for state sponsored categories . Can someone give me link to access those cutoff marks per category or in general . So that accordingly i can plan my next state of action ?

3.Has anyone received invitation for state sponsorship for 60 points ? when you applied and when did you get your invitation ?

lol what is your occupation and did you make sure that 'all states' have your occupation listed on their individual state migration plan??

Thanks for the reply.

I am Software Tester .

Nopes I did not make sure of that . I was under opinion that by using this option I will be open to all states and whoever is having requirement of guys like me will choose me . It isnt the right thing ? Is there any loophole in my thinking here . Please suggest

I guess that you did not read the visa processing steps & necessary infos at all.

NO STATES will come forward to nominate you, you need to approach them by applying. They don't have time and interest to look for potential applicants:biggrin: .

please check which states have Software tester in their occupation list. if any such exists then apply if you can fulfill their requirements as different states have different criteria that applicants need to satisfy. Once the state nomination is approved 5 points for state nomination will be added to your point and an invitation will be issued by the DIAC automatically to apply for the 190 visa.

for example, ACT refers that applicant can ONLY choose ACT, if anyone chooses multiple states they won't nominate that person and application will be happily refused.

60 is the pass mark for the 190 state nominated visa and there are hundreds of people who got visa with 60 points. if you have 60 points, state nomination and fulfill other DIAC requirements you will get the visa. why not ?

DIAC did'nt mention any data about cutoff marks for 190 visa, but every states have some quota for every ocuupation. once its reached they just stopped nomination. moreover, DIAC also has occupation ceiling.

• 2 weeks later...
You need to apply to the state for sponsorship, there is no need for any state to go looking for applicants.

Thanks all for your valuable input here.

I have started checking for migration plan for individual states, hoping that will find some suitable match in due course .

Moreover if anyone has any suggestion that which state is more suitable for software people etc or how should I move forward from here then please suggest me.

Thanks all for your valuable input here.

I have started checking for migration plan for individual states, hoping that will find some suitable match in due course .

Moreover if anyone has any suggestion that which state is more suitable for software people etc or how should I move forward from here then please suggest me.

moreover for the state of victoria , they have asked for me to sign a declaration as detailed on the ‘Apply for Visa Sponsorship’.

So should I made declaration on simple paper and sign it or I have to do it on stamped paper and get it notarized ? Any help here ?

Archived