457, to PR, with a trip back to England to boot!

Hi All,

First time poster just trying to get the clearest facts I can, as its not proving too easy!

I'm currently in Sydney on a 457 visa, and come start of July, will have completed 2 years at my employers, and they have said they will sponsor me to get my Permanent residency (very happy). Now am understanding that theres a rough 6 months processing time, all being well, so would hopefully get the pr Granted around Dec/Jan time - my conundrum is this - I'm actually looking to go back to the uk for 3-4 weeks over christmas to visit and spend time with my family - Is this possible, or would I have to remain in the country whilst the PR is processing?! OR would I be able to travel by applying for some interim/ bridging visa ,saying I'm leaving the country and coming back on a certain date?

Been seeing lots of contradictory info so if anybody knows anything for sure, please let me know!

Thanks all!

As long as your 457 visa is still valid you won't move on to a bridging visa, so you can just come and go. When pr is granted you will move on to that. There is no longer an on/off shore worry with the ENS.

I found out about this as I had the same questions, but had 3 years still valid on he 457, so was told it was not a problem.

Archived