Tiling in Perth

BeeBee

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could provide me with details how much work there is for tilers in Perth. I keep hearing that there is a recession ongoing and wondered is there much work and what is the likelihood of obtaining this type of work. We are not in Australia yet as we are concerned about giving up work without knowing whether we will be able to get work once we arrive. I am very keen just to get there, yet my husband is being very cautious due to the work situation. I would appreciate any help/advice. Thank you. Beverley

By tiler - do you mean roof tiler or floor / bathroom tiles?

The home building market seems to be picking up in Perth, but it has always been boom and bust, so there is always a risk. I have a relative over there who used to be a tiler but is doing nicely in a business removing old tiles. But that is more an indication of the state of his knees rather than the industry.

Hiya my hubby is a tiler too from what I can gather from looking at pretty much every conceivable site is that there is work there - not as much as there was but if you're good at it you'll get a job also most trade jobs aren't advertised and it's v much not what you know but who! We've tried contacting people too and they never get back to you, it's frustrating but I do understand if some randomer from the other side of the world was emailing me I doubt I'd respond either :)

My DH is doing IELTS next week have you got your visas?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Guest Guest26012
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could provide me with details how much work there is for tilers in Perth. I keep hearing that there is a recession ongoing and wondered is there much work and what is the likelihood of obtaining this type of work. We are not in Australia yet as we are concerned about giving up work without knowing whether we will be able to get work once we arrive. I am very keen just to get there, yet my husband is being very cautious due to the work situation. I would appreciate any help/advice. Thank you. Beverley

Hi not sure but try posting on our sister site Perth Poms you might some tilers here on there!

Archived