HELP UNDERSTANDING THE SUBCLASS 189 & SUBCLASS 190 FROM THE UK? PLEASE x

vikkeytymo

Hello everyone.

I am trying to get my head around the visa points list. I will be a qualified midwife when myself and my family apply for a visa, (still researching which one is best to go on)

Could someone just clarify the following for me please:

1. Do I get awarded points for my degree with me qualifying in the UK?

2. As I was looking last year at the subclass 175 visa it stated you needed to be in your profession for 1 year to apply but on both the new visa's it say's 3 years for 5 points. Does that mean that is the minimum you now need to work or you can work less than that to apply but you get awarded 0 points??

If anyone could help with these questions I would be most grateful.

Thank You Vikkey x

Its basically points for each different thing - assessment result, IELTS, age, etc. And in all you should reach atleast 60 for 189 and 55 for 190 Visa.

For 189 - you should be on SOL1 and For 190 - you should be on cSol.

Edited by lebourvellec
FORUM RULES

Hello everyone.

I am trying to get my head around the visa points list. I will be a qualified midwife when myself and my family apply for a visa, (still researching which one is best to go on)

Could someone just clarify the following for me please:

1. Do I get awarded points for my degree with me qualifying in the UK?

2. As I was looking last year at the subclass 175 visa it stated you needed to be in your profession for 1 year to apply but on both the new visa's it say's 3 years for 5 points. Does that mean that is the minimum you now need to work or you can work less than that to apply but you get awarded 0 points??

If anyone could help with these questions I would be most grateful.

Thank You Vikkey x

12 months out of previous 24 months work experience that was required for the 175, is not longer a requirement with Skill Select.

1. You will get 15 points for your degree, but you will need to get a Skills assessment by ANMC, and you will need to sit the Academic IELTS for this.

2. You need 3 years work experience for 5 points, if you have less but still pass the points test and hold positive skills assessment you can still apply.

Hi Vikkey - Just wanted to let you know that Im a qualified Midwife (2 years in Sept 13) and Ive applied for a 189. Once youve sat your IELTS and completed the skills assessment by ANMAC, its pretty straightforward and Ive had no problem claiming points etc.

Good luck xx

Hi Vikkey - Just wanted to let you know that Im a qualified Midwife (2 years in Sept 13) and Ive applied for a 189. Once youve sat your IELTS and completed the skills assessment by ANMAC, its pretty straightforward and Ive had no problem claiming points etc.

Good luck xx

Could I apply straight from Uni or would I need at least a year? x

You can start the process as soon as you qualify but I would wait a couple of months. You cant lodge your EOI with less than 12 months work, but you can sit your IELTS when you feel ready. Although just be careful because your IELTS results are only valid for a year for your ANMAC skills assessment. So say you qualify and start working in Sept, I would sit IELTS in maybe March, then when youve got results for that (2weeks, I think), apply for skills assessment, (that varies on processing times) but say 4-6weeks, (May/June), then come September, you can put in your EOI with 12 months working and then take it from there. Hope this makes sense. Good luck and anytime you need advice or help just PM me xx