189 visa granted last night!!

Waheyyyyy!!! At last! Applied January 21st, got the grant this morning, frontloaded all my medicals and police checks, never had any contact from my CO, I was worried I didn't have one.

Still sinking in, so good to not have to think about english tests, document gathering, certified documents, police checks, medicals and skills assessments ever again :smile:

:wub:

Waheyyyyy!!! At last! Applied January 21st, got the grant this morning, frontloaded all my medicals and police checks, never had any contact from my CO, I was worried I didn't have one.

Still sinking in, so good to not have to think about english tests, document gathering, certified documents, police checks, medicals and skills assessments ever again :smile:

when did u applied in which year and in which field,did u lodged online application

I submitted my application with everything January 21st, a couple of days after my skillselect invite. I'm a Developer Programmer with 70 points. Yes I lodged it online (there's no other way as far as I know).

I'm based offshore, am currently stuck in wonderful London (!!sarcasm alert!!). Planning to go back to Melbourne, I love it there, the weather and the city are awesome. But now I've got some freedom with this visa Sydney, Brisbane and Perth look great also. :biggrin: Likely will go in around 3 months time, can't wait! Need to tie up loose ends first.

My grant was probably quick because I had to withdraw my original one, after my medicals and police clearance was finalised:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/168299-189-invitation-15th-november-gang-8.html

Come a long way since my 457 woes:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/153236-457-sponsorship-headaches.html

Hi,

Is there a quick way that we can chat on this? Soz I'm only learning how to use it haha.

Not sure, I'm happy to send you my google chat account via PM if that helps?

Ok looks like I can't PM you, am happy to answer any questions on here...

Edited by MelbournePhom

• 1 month later...

​Hi all at PomsInOz,

whooooohoooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally we have our grant letter for our 189 visa.

Applied 1-Feb-2013

Medicals 1-Mar-2013, Referred 11-Mar-2013, Cleared 7-May-2013

CO 18-Mar-2013

Grant 7-May-2013

Cant believe we got the referral cleared in less than 8 weeks.

Thanks to all for the support during a process that started in March 2012 !!!!!!

Heading to Perth in September !!!!!

Tony, Sandra, Luke and Budweiser the Dog

​Hi all at PomsInOz,

whooooohoooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally we have our grant letter for our 189 visa.

Applied 1-Feb-2013

Medicals 1-Mar-2013, Referred 11-Mar-2013, Cleared 7-May-2013

CO 18-Mar-2013

Grant 7-May-2013

Cant believe we got the referral cleared in less than 8 weeks.

Thanks to all for the support during a process that started in March 2012 !!!!!!

Heading to Perth in September !!!!!

Tony, Sandra, Luke and Budweiser the Dog

Congratulations, amazing feeling when it's all finished. Best of luck moving over now! :biggrin: