Flights for a recon visit, with 5 kids!!??

Guest 2 + 5 Children in Essex

Guest 2 + 5 Children in Essex

Hi, again.

Another quicky, just wondered if anybody had any advise on buying cheap flights, or websites for flight advise to travel to Melbourne in October, just as a recon, so we can see what we like/dont like out there.

Problem being is that we have 5 kids, Yes I said 5!!!!:wacko:

Ages are 13, 10, 6, 4 and 3 months, (ages are correct at present time).

Any help would be useful.

Thanks peeps

Guest CathCol

Oh my God we have 4 kids 15 ,13, 3 16months and thinking of Melbourne also!!

Like you we want to go for a looksee - problem is no-one to leave them with and so expensive to bring them all!! I would miss them too much anyway !

SO going for 1 goes all go attitude!! Was thinking about a house swap to keep costs down but don't know how to do this safely. Thought of starting a thread. Watch this space.Cath

Guest Andy Thomas

We migrated to Melbourne nearly four years ago. We considered a recci but in the end we decided to save the money on a recci and just moved straight here blind. Now I know that doesn't appeal to everyone but I can honestly say it was the best thing we ever did. If you are serious about migrating, and to be honest the way things are going over there at the minute, who wouldn't be? you might want to consider trying to do as much research as possible over the net and just go for it. We did and it worked, it is a great place to live, especially if you know you should have no trouble finding work over here. BY the way, we got good flight deals with Expedia.co.uk

Good luck, Andy

Hi, we went with Emirates, who were great with our little ones. We found our flight on Greenbee.com. Depending on when you are thinking of coming, Etihad has some good prices- they haven't been flying to Oz long I don't think, but my Dad has used them in the middle east, and found them good.

Jo x

Guest The Undies

Hi 2 + 5 in Essex!!

Were a family of 4, were doing our reckie in August, cos its cheap, I found Airline-Network.co.uk the cheapest for flights, and I would adivse you to call them because they gave me a better rate on the phone than what was showing.... As for accomodation I done a Yahoo search for rental houses and managed to find a lovely place, again I was offered a discount because its Aussie low season, I'm also booking my car hire through an Aussie company because I'm getting a better rate, they will meet us at the airport , just the same as anyone else. Its a bit of an effort but its saved us over £2000!!

Hope this helps

Rachael

I always fly Qantas and have got some very good deals in the past. However, with 5 of you, whichever airline you fly with, look in to joining their frequent flyer scheme because it wont take much to get you at least one free return trip should you ever need it.

I have seen Kelkoo flight search show some bargains recently:

Cheap Flights | Find The Cheapest Flights In The Uk - Kelkoo

its a meta serach so it looks at other companies like Opodo and ebookers in one go. I dont think it searches Expedia though so should check that one too, and it does not search with date variations so you have to do that manually (but then Expedia does not do that either).

Hi, again.

Another quicky, just wondered if anybody had any advise on buying cheap flights, or websites for flight advise to travel to Melbourne in October, just as a recon, so we can see what we like/dont like out there.

Problem being is that we have 5 kids, Yes I said 5!!!!:wacko:

Ages are 13, 10, 6, 4 and 3 months, (ages are correct at present time).

Any help would be useful.

Thanks peeps

HIya, we have 4 children, 7, 5, 2 and 6 months. I have been looking at flights online and have found that we will probably have to ring any companies as the majority won't book with an under one year old and tell you to phone so you can't really get an accurate quote, I assume this is because they sit with you unless you buy an extra seat. Good luck and let us know who you go with.

HTH

Archived