Getting work in Alice Springs

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum, but I've been here in Sydney (my first stop in Australia) since 5 Feb. I'm thinking about moving on since I still haven't found any work (have had sucessful interviews with 2 office temp agencies, but they haven't found me anything yet), and between applying online and on foot, it just seems like there might not be many to be had at the moment.

I've heard that work is supposedly easy to get in Alice Springs. I don't drink (or party, really) so I wouldn't mind sitting anywhere, even "the middle of no where" for several months so I can save up some cash to be able to do more in Aus. And if I were only going to be able to do 2 things here, it would be the great barrier reef and Uluru anyway.

But of course I'd like to know if the rumors are true before I go.

Does anyone know how easy it is to get work in Alice Springs versus other places? Office work would be great but I'd be more than happy to do any kind of hospitality or restaurant/cafe work, retail, call centers, child care, damn near anything!

Many thanks :)

G'day mate, as it is coming on to the rubberneck season (tourists), there should be a few jobs coming up in the Whitsunday region especially in the hospitality industry. Always a chance to get work on the resort islands.

Have a squiz on google.g.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

From our experience Alice isn't the best place.for jobs - whilst its quite remote in its own right, it us still a pretty large town, so isn't really like you are sitting in the middle of nowhere (you have to go for a 'remote' posting job for that), and its still a loooong way from uluru.

Would echo the whitsundays/cairns type areas, lots of tourists, lots of jobs. Darwin isn't too bad either - there are a couple of backpacker jobshops that are good. Perth is pretty good for work too - have a look at thejobshop.com.au, they have lots of jobs (its free) mainly in wa.

Good luck, I know what it feels like to be trying to get work - currently searching in Adelaide:(

Just a thought - have you been calling the temp agencies every single day? A squeeky wheel gets oiled...

From our experience Alice isn't the best place.for jobs - whilst its quite remote in its own right, it us still a pretty large town, so isn't really like you are sitting in the middle of nowhere (you have to go for a 'remote' posting job for that), and its still a loooong way from uluru.

Would echo the whitsundays/cairns type areas, lots of tourists, lots of jobs. Darwin isn't too bad either - there are a couple of backpacker jobshops that are good. Perth is pretty good for work too - have a look at thejobshop.com.au, they have lots of jobs (its free) mainly in wa.

Good luck, I know what it feels like to be trying to get work - currently searching in Adelaide:(

Just a thought - have you been calling the temp agencies every single day? A squeeky wheel gets oiled...

There are always jobs to be had in Alice Springs! It is such a transient town with people coming and going that a lot of employers( especially hospitality) are crying out for good workers. A lot of backpackers also go there for a few months to work.

Archived