whats all the fuss about with rentals? got our first one!! lol

bennyblueboy

We started out in a rental in somerly five years ago when we came here. It was a lovely brand new house. Nothing wrong with the area, it has good and bad bits just the same as any other! The good thing about it was we could walk to the Whale and Ale and Mindarie was on the doorstep! It doesn't matter about others opinions on an area, there's sometimes a lot of snobbery in their comments, enjoy!:biggrin:

!

Hey mad cow,yeah I don't get it ! People can slag Clarkson off as much as they want....it won't change our views..we think its lovely. We are aware of the high school situation but the primary school is lovely! And by the time our kids get to the age of high school we will have moved on ,or maybe we might stay here!!! (Shock horror!!!!) Think people need to stop walking around with plums in there mouths! And stop being so stuck up ! No where is perfect! Even the most desirable areas have issues!

Cheers Benny out

We love clarkson,we have travelled around and we still want to stay here, there's good and bad everywhere u go!!!!! Where we came from in the uk we lived 20 mins from a sort after area and my aunt taught in a school there and she has just left as the kids there are awful, spoilt brats who get everything and don't appreciate anything and made her life hell, so it doesn't matter where u live!!!!! From Ben and I have seen of clarkson we have everything on our doorstep and the primary school is amazing the kids r really looking forward to going, which I never thought I would be saying ha ha!!

Clarkson seemed ok to me when i was staying in Mindarie when i first arrived. Its hardly like the concrete jungle bad estates you see in the UK cities. The big difference here is that the council houses are in all areas not all together. Some areas obviously have more than others. The only thing i didn't like about Clarkson, Mindarie was that working in construction i would alwas have had a very long commute unless i worked on houses which i am not interested in doing here. I think the rental market is getting easier here as i found a lot of houses i went to view were still having more home opens and reducing rent prices as they were not getting let out.

Ironic that Mrs T and I were driving through Clarkson yesterday afternoon and her comment to me was that she didn't know what all the fuss was about and that you can tell a lot about an area by how well the gardens were kept and they were all immaculate. There will be people in all areas where they do not look after their homes but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are the social housing group. Before we cam to Oz both of us had spent all of our live living on council estates, admittedly in a house we had bought and renovated for the last ten years but on a council estate nontheless, and we always felt the sense of community. To me, that is the only thing that is missing. These estates haven't been up long enough for the childhood friendships of people growing up and staying in an area to develop the the sense of community I just mentioned. I would imagine that to be the case in most of the newer areas of Perth and not just Clarkson.

Mr Welsh Kiwi is my kid brother and they will be staying with us when they first arrive. The main thing I will say about Mindarie is that in my opinion the houses, both rental and sale are overpriced for what they are, especially the older houses, and we decided some time ago that we would not buy here. I like the suburb but to me it doesn't justify the rentals and sale values that are being asked for some of the houses.

Archived