Anyone applied for 189 in December or January got a co yet?

xlilvickix

Hi

Yes we applied for our 189 visa on the 10 December, got our Case officer on 11/2/13, just waiting for the result now. We already had our police checks and medicals done at the start of January. Fingers crossed it will be soon. Our agent said that we should hopefully here this week!!

He, we got our invite on 7th Jan. We had our medicals last Saturday and posted off poice check forms on 15th Feb. No CO yet but hoping to get one soon. It says on DIAC website that processing time for 189 visa is up to 12 months but we're really hoping it won't take that long!! Shouldn't be aby problems with medicals or visas so fingers crossed!

Hi, i noticed you had your skills assessment with ANMAC - are you a nurse or a midwife? i'm a midwife. Just wondered whereabouts your planning on moving to? We want to go to Melbourne or probably Geelong which is just outside Melbourne. Good luck with everything!

Exciting!! Did they ask for anything?

Hello

Yes they asked for:

form 80 for both of us

an example selection of pay slips (for me main applicant)

Further evidence of relationship (married for12 yrs- had attached the certificate but they want more info)

Notarised transcripts of educational achievements (nothing else has had to be notarised)

Cx

Hi Carol,

May I ask what selection of payslips you were asked to provide? I got made redundant from my last job and I did not receive the last few months of payslips through various reasons. Although I am not at your stage in the Visa process I just want to be prepared for when I am asked to supply documentation.

Thankyou and Congratulations on being allocated a CO!

Alison

Hi Carol,

May I ask what selection of payslips you were asked to provide? I got made redundant from my last job and I did not receive the last few months of payslips through various reasons. Although I am not at your stage in the Visa process I just want to be prepared for when I am asked to supply documentation.

Thankyou and Congratulations on being allocated a CO!

Alison

Unless you are claiming points for work experience, it is not certain that you will have to provide payslips to support your 189 application. I have just received my 189 grant letter ( I was the sole applicant) within the last few hours and at no time were payslips requested. In fact, all I had to provide was:

1. Passport bio page

2. Birth certificate

3. Skills assessment

4. IELTS results certificate

5. Degree certificate

6. Professional Qualification certificate

7. UK Police check

8. Medical exam results

I wasn't even asked to provide the dreaded Form 80! :cute:

Jonny

Hi Jonny,

Thankyou so much for your reply, it is a very good point you make about not being asked to provide payslips if you are not claiming points for work experience. I qualified as an accountant last year and therefore I do not have enough post-qualification experience to claim work points. Think I will still try to get copies of my payslips, have them in my back pocket just in case!!

Have a great day and good luck!!!!

Alison

Archived