documents needed to upload for visa 190

Ozpom82

Hi everyone,

I am just about ready to send all my document off to have my skills assessed as an engineer. So I am now starting to look at the next stage; of applying for the actual 190 visa, once the skills assessment comes back.

Can some just run through the steps, and the documents needed to upload.

Whats confusing me is Ive seen some people on this website, that have been told that they need to supply employment history, payslips from CO. I have had to do this for the skill assessment, why havnt they?

Do I need a double certified copy of all documents that I am sending to TRA, then I can also upload them onto skill select when the time comes.

thanks for reading, and your help

Hi everyone,

I am just about ready to send all my document off to have my skills assessed as an engineer. So I am now starting to look at the next stage; of applying for the actual 190 visa, once the skills assessment comes back.

Can some just run through the steps, and the documents needed to upload.

Whats confusing me is Ive seen some people on this website, that have been told that they need to supply employment history, payslips from CO. I have had to do this for the skill assessment, why havnt they?

Do I need a double certified copy of all documents that I am sending to TRA, then I can also upload them onto skill select when the time comes.

thanks for reading, and your help

Hi, you don't need any documents to submit your EOI, just your Engineers Australia TRN (Once successful) and your IELTS number (if you did it).

Its only once you have an invite and submit your application you need additional documents.

You will need :-

Skill assessment letter from EA

IELTS Cert (if you did it)

Birth Cert

Passport

Proof of education (If your claiming points for degree etc)

Proof of experience (If your claiming points for experience) , I submitted a reference from HR stating period of employment and job description.

I didn't need to submit any payslips but I did phone the tax office and obtained a 2 page printout of my tax statement to support my employment/experience claim. I also paid for the extra "opinion on skilled employment" from EA.

After I got a Case Officer I was requested to do Police Checks and Medicals, medicals was from EHealth so was uploaded by clinic, Police Checks took about 7 days and I scanned in the Police Cert and uploaded that too.

All my scans were in colour, and not countersigned - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/further-information.htm

Although I did have to get them signed by a Solicitor for the skill assessment.

Edit: Out of interest why the 190 ? Are you short on points ? Also don't forget you will need all of the above documents to apply for sponsorship from your intended State.

Edited by mattybe

thanks for your reply, this is great info...

sorry I'm an engineer, but I am having to be assessed as a trade; Fitter(general). As I believe for engineers australia you require a degree with a few years post degree experience. I orignally wanted to apply to EA as a plant engineer...

I completed a recognised apprenticeship as a maintenance engineer (fitter), so I'm having to be assessed with my ONC/HNC through TRA.

I am going to apply for state sponsorship as you gain extra points as I will need them with the new points system ,and all my family live in WA. Also I believe the processing time with the 190 visa is quicker..

Do you know, or anybody else. if apprenticeships count towards your experience, when applying for the visa to gain points.

Snap.. served my time originally as a fitter.. but then went on to do plant engineerin, mainly design type work.

Unfortunately its post qualification experience.. so only experience after your apprenticeship counts as skilled experience I believe

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, you don't need any documents to submit your EOI, just your Engineers Australia TRN (Once successful) and your IELTS number (if you did it).

Its only once you have an invite and submit your application you need additional documents.

You will need :-

Skill assessment letter from EA

IELTS Cert (if you did it)

Birth Cert

Passport

Proof of education (If your claiming points for degree etc)

Proof of experience (If your claiming points for experience) , I submitted a reference from HR stating period of employment and job description.

I didn't need to submit any payslips but I did phone the tax office and obtained a 2 page printout of my tax statement to support my employment/experience claim. I also paid for the extra "opinion on skilled employment" from EA.

After I got a Case Officer I was requested to do Police Checks and Medicals, medicals was from EHealth so was uploaded by clinic, Police Checks took about 7 days and I scanned in the Police Cert and uploaded that too.

All my scans were in colour, and not countersigned - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/further-information.htm

Although I did have to get them signed by a Solicitor for the skill assessment.

Edit: Out of interest why the 190 ? Are you short on points ? Also don't forget you will need all of the above documents to apply for sponsorship from your intended State.

Hi Mattybe

Can i just ask once you uploaded all your documents for your visa did you then have to send the paper documents by post to verify what you had uploaded or was the uploaded documents all that they required?, just we are ready to click the apply button for our 489 and just trying to get as much info before we start,,,,,

Thanks

traceyandedd,

A 189 is a skilled independent PR visa so similar to the 190 (which is a nominated PR visa) without the moral obligation to reside/work in the State that sponsored you. You need to have > 60 points to be invited for the 189 whereas with the 190 you can have 55 points but you get the extra 5 to make upto 60 from sponsorship. The other difference is that your nominated occupation needs to be on SOL1 ( http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1.pdf)

To apply for State Sponsorship with WA you have to provide evidence of lodgment of an EOI ( http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/SiteCollectionDocuments/120912%20UPDATED%20state_sponsorship_criteria_2012_2013.pdf ) , to lodge a 190 EOI you will need a valid skills assessment, think its TRA for Painting Trades Worker.

I'm guessing the order should be :- Skill Assessment and IELTS (if needed), Lodge an EOI for 190 with WA selected, Apply to WA for sponsorship, receive an invite.

I'm not really sure of your circumstances though, and the AQF ? Are you doing a course to become a Painting Trades Worker or do you mean NVQ ? How come you have done your PCC on 19/06/12 ? Are you under a migration agent ?

Thanks for your reply Matty,

My partner has been painting for 19 years, however he has no formal qualifications hence the AQF iii, were hoping that will be finished soon so we will be onto the next stage soon hence the questions ")

The only reason we completed the PCC first was due to us not knowing it had a expiration date and we completed the cheapest part of the process first.

Were not under a migration agent yet, however we are thinking about it for the next stage (s) although I keep reading on here about people applying them selves and we are thinking of carrying it out. but we need to get it right :-|.

Im sure the next stage for us is skills assessment... which i've heard is quiet a long process...

We are hoping to be in WA before 2013 is out so will keep trying "))

Thanks again for your reply and good luck in your venture, im sure you have exiting times ahead :wink:

We are also looking at WA state sponsorship but with an Ielts 7 it only takes us to 50 points as I'm 44! My partners occupation isn't on the SOL, us there any other way of getting to the 55 Mark, we have still to dot the Ielts and TRA assessment.

Thanks