After Years of planning we finally land in Melbourne on 10th March! wahooo exciting times

PeterAndAbbie

Upper Ferntree Gully, Upwey, Tecoma and Belgrave are LOVELY!!!!! Not a lot of rentals around, but it is a fabulous area at the foothills of the 'hills' :)

Ferntree Gully is pretty damned good too :)

The train line (Belgrave) is great - from Upper Gully to the city it's about 55 minutes on the train. Anywhere around the hills seems to have a bit more of a 'villagey' feel - it is a particular type of person who's attracted to the area (yep me included).

BUT - you need to remember that you're on the edge (or in) a high-fire risk area, so you need to be prepared for that. However that's also a good thing - the area has a lot of active CFA (volunteer fire brigade) stations, which can be a great way to meet people if you join up. (Plus volunteering is always a good thing)

Shopping-wise, Knox City is a short drive away, Berwick is a quick drive too. And there are loads of quirky shops, cafes etc :)

Thanks Jo, I'm looking forward to investigating while the hubby goes to work! We are staying in Harkaway initially while we decide.

Hi everyone....

thanks for the info on places/areas. Etc its always nice to hear from people in the know........

well we're on the final stretch now, 4 more days to go!!

Good luck with the rest of your planning....I'm hoping this is the hardest part, can't wait to get on the plane and chill out with a singapore sling :-)

louise x

Hi everyone....

thanks for the info on places/areas. Etc its always nice to hear from people in the know........

well we're on the final stretch now, 4 more days to go!!

Good luck with the rest of your planning....I'm hoping this is the hardest part, can't wait to get on the plane and chill out with a singapore sling :-)

louise x

Good luck Louise, hope your last few days aren't too stressful! See you on the other side!!!!

sharon

That should give you a good chance to figure out if it's for you or not :)

The cinema at Belgrave is fabulous too - much nicer than the big soul-less megaplexes - good luck with it all!

Thank you, might be asking you for more info when we arrive!!

Sharon

Archived