190 Visa submitted

scottboab

Hi,

I am now a year into the process and i was finally invited to apply :) it is now sent away and awaiting to be assigned a CO does anyone know how long this may take? and how long till its all over and i finally have my visa !!

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Scott

Hi Scott

Ours took 1 month from submission to acceptance and issue of the visa, the CO herself was assigned and got in touch after a week or so from submission. Seemed like a long month, watching the email, checking your application update. Then 1 day you just get an email telling you you have been successful, Happy Days :smile:

Good Luck!

Kev

Hi Scott - we submitted our 190 application on 24/1/13 and have just been assigned our CO this morning! We have been asked for some additional docs (which I though we had already uploaded) and our meds (PCCs have been done).

Cheers

Hi everyone,

I applied for my 190 on 15/9/12, was allocated a CO 8/10/12.

I then went for my medical & applied for my police check both on 19/10/12 & received police certificate 30/10/12.

& my visa was granted on 2/11/12!!!

Yippeeeeee!

Kirsty, you need to go into settings (top right), then into edit signature (on the left) it took me ages to work that out too lol!!!

Good luck guys

Mandi

Edited by MandiMR2

Hi Kev, I've just started posting, how do I get the timeline at the bottom like you have?

PS Congratulations, what is your trade? how long did you wait after EOI?

Speak soon Kirsty ")

Hi Kirsty,

The timeline at the bottom is in the settings section of your page header. If you go into that and enter the signature menu that is where you put it. It's as easy to copy and paste one then edit it with your own information.

I am an Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineer by trade and from start to finish the whole thing only took just over 12 months. (Would have been quicker but I have been working abroad) From doing the EOI in July it took 5 months. We waited for the new system to kick in on 1/7/12 and it was surprisingly quick.

If you are thinking about it get it done and Good Luck. It's a great feeling when you get the email telling you your application was successful.

Kev :yes:

Hi Scott - we submitted our 190 application on 24/1/13 and have just been assigned our CO this morning! We have been asked for some additional docs (which I though we had already uploaded) and our meds (PCCs have been done).

Cheers

Hi you got CO assigned very soon...mine its more than a more now, no news of CO.. by the way you are from which country?

Hi Scott,

did it take you a year to get an invitation after your EOI?? What is your trade? Thanks Kirsty ")

Hi Kirsty,

I first contacted my agent in November 2011 and started the process of the TRA i work offshore so took longer to gather the information. I had my TRA results in 06 August 2012 my IELTS on 13th October and submitted the EOI on the 29th November and received the invitation to apply on the 12th of February.

It could have been a lot quicker but i work offshore so the process was held up a lot until i was able to be at home top gather the information required.

So to answer your question i was about 3 months from the EOI to the invitation.

Cheers

Scott

Hi there can any of u who have been successful give some advice on EOI? What does it involve etc? I am a nurse desperate to go back to oz after falling in love with the country and would love to get the ball rolling!! Thanks alot :)

Hi Rebekah,

You might be better off starting a new thread with your question. Others who've been through it could give you advice, such as checking how many points you can achieve with your qualifications / age etc., getting your skills assessed, doing the IELTS English test etc. There's lots to do before putting in an EOI........... This is a great site for getting help and information. Good luck!