Safety advisor for visa??

eamnic

Hi All

Looking for some help on which visa myself, my partner & our kids may be eligible to apply for. I have a Diploma in Occupational Health & safety but don't yet have any work experience in this area as I'm only recently qualified. Am I eligible for any specific visa type? Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm not sure but from my experience:

i have a diploma in H&S and a diploma in Env Mgmt but to have enough points to apply for permanent residency I had to do an MSc and then found they only count experience since my MSc. so that's 13 years experience that doesn't count.

I have to wait til July to apply!

Not sure if it's easier if you maybe just try for company sponsorship but Vetassess and Oz don't recognise NEBOSH!

Hi All

Looking for some help on which visa myself, my partner & our kids may be eligible to apply for. I have a Diploma in Occupational Health & safety but don't yet have any work experience in this area as I'm only recently qualified. Am I eligible for any specific visa type? Any help would be much appreciated.

Unfortunately you are not going to be eligible for skilled migration as an Occupational Health Officer at the moment, this is because a degree level qualification is required to pass the skills assessment step as is one year of post qualification experience.

Your only option at the moment would be employer sponsorship, but as you can imagine this would be hard to secure with no experience.

Migration is something you can work towards though, upgrading your qualifications would be the next step and then getting at least 12 months of work experience.

Thanks Rupert, not exactly what I was hoping to hear!! There's no easy way is there!!

At the moment I'm trying to seek employment in the industry so maybe employer sponsorship would be an option then but that's a shorter term deal isn't it?

Thanks again for your advice

Just ignore him. He likes to tell people things like that but not elaborate. Silly as if he did elaborate people would be more likely to trust that he knew what he was talking about and employ his services.

Dear David

I am amazed that I come highly recommended by PIO. I am usually told that I am cryptic, unhelpful and touting for business, or all of the above. I have never been told I was wrong.

Have the oncologist prepare a report to lodge with Medibank Health Solutions when mother attends for her medical examination – see the attached form. This should solve your problem.

If you encounter any residual issues, please let me know.

Best

Westly

Hi Westly,

Thank you so much for your immediate response, after reading the form I am confident that the health issue should not be a problem.

I have one query with the form ****

Thanks again

David

Dear David

I am amazed that I come highly recommended by PIO. I am usually told that I am cryptic, unhelpful and touting for business, or all of the above. I have never been told I was wrong.

Have the oncologist prepare a report to lodge with Medibank Health Solutions when mother attends for her medical examination – see the attached form. This should solve your problem.

If you encounter any residual issues, please let me know.

Best

Westly

Hi Westly,

Thank you so much for your immediate response, after reading the form I am confident that the health issue should not be a problem.

I have one query with the form ****

Thanks again

David

Might just be me, but I feel a little uncomfortable that you've shared private correspondence on an open forum.

Hi Eamnic,

It took three years to do the MSc. a BSc gets the same points but there seemed no point in doing that as it is the equivalent to the diploma. It is annoying that all my experience cannot be counted! I passed my msc in July 2012 so will apply to Vetassess in July 2013.

What I would strongly advise is that you think carefully about which industry you want to work in. H&S skills are always transferable but it tends to be once you are experienced in one field it is very difficult to move industries as you always lack industry experience for a new move.

Hope that makes sense.

Laura

Well it is hard to be wrong when you don't actually answer most questions. I really don't know why you post some of your answers.

And one e-mail from something totally unrelated to the thread shows nothing at all. Again, no idea why you would bother.

I bothered to let you know you were wrong, again.

Thanks tickled pink,

At the risk of repeating myself. You have been misinformed.

If you search my posts you will find a long answer related to the issue you raised.

There is no short answer.

May I suggest that you do not seek migration advice from people who are not qualified to give it?

The less they know the more they say.

People in Australia who give migration advice (as defined) might want to read the link below.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration-fraud/giving-migration-advice.htm

If you search my posts you will find a long answer related to the issue you raised.

May I suggest that you do not seek migration advice from people who are not qualified to give it?

People in Australia who give migration advice (as defined) might want to read the link below.

If people didn't seek migration advice from people who are not qualified to give it (as in the majority of members) - then PIO would have pretty much died a death years ago.

I think we do have something in our rules (or used to) about the membership generally not being migration agents/qualified - i'm sure if people get conflicting advice they'll seek out a RMA

I'm sure by pointing out the mistakes of others so clearly, you will give the seeker of information something to ponder

Edited by ali

I have no problem with anyone pointing out mistakes, it is the not at least pointing them in the direction to research that I have a problem with. The process is confusing enough for most people, they are already worried which is why they have come to a forum. If you are going to either worry them more, or give them a glimpse of hope, tell them where they can find that info. If you are posting on here anyway it isn't much to ask.

Why (sigh...yet again) are you saying I don't know what I am talking about??

I happen to know exactly how long a Master of Science degree can take, it being directly in my line of work, and also (among other further qualifications) actually having one!!!

Not everything is the domain of a migration agent you know! There are other people that are actually qualified to give accurate advice.

I think Westly is talking about the fact the other poster has been told that their pre-qualification experience doesn't count.

Yes, and I bet that was from a registered migration agent! They give out wrong info all the time. If you have been told one thing by your Rma and Westly comes along and says they are wrong but with nothing to help you out, who would you believe?

Now most of us know agents can, and often do, get it wrong, but if you are new then you are likely to trust them.

I think Westly is talking about the fact the other poster has been told that their pre-qualification experience doesn't count.

From what hs been posted I assess that it certainly would count.

For the most part skills assessing authorities do not have a motherless clue about relevant work experience, or the legal criteria relating thereto; except for their own arbitrary requirements.

I could be wrong, there is a first time for everything.